“Good for Business Men not for Tourists” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Colombo
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Good for Business Men not for Tourists”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

First at all it has to be mention, that all employees, doesn't matter which position are extremely friendly and helpful. However, it's an aging property which needs some facelifting, especially in the rooms. Breakfast is excellent, great variety of food items, local as well international dishes. Elevators are vey slowly, the music on all floors in front of elevators has a terrible sound. Housekeepong generally good, but kitchen are quiet dirty. Location of HCR is not the best, 10 -12 min walk from the Ocean walk. The HCR is good for Business People but not realy suitable for tourist.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residence, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear GERTraveler,

Thank you for letting us know what made your recent stay a delightful experience, it was a pleasure having you with us.

I am very pleased that the service delivered by my team was outstanding and you enjoyed our breakfast buffet spread. Your feedback regarding the foyer music and the kitchen has been noted and we have since taken steps to address these points. We are currently upgrading our apartments and facilities, and as we do so, we contintue to do our best to ensure that our guests are treated to the warm Sri Lankan hospitality and efficient Hilton service at all times.

The Hilton Colombo Residence offers full business facilities for our business guests but at the same time, is a popular accommodation choice for families and holiday-makers who wish for both five-star service and a home-away-from-home environment.

Thanks again for your kind feedback and if you wish to share more details of your experience or plan to return to Colombo, I invite you to please contact me directly on manesh.fernando@hilton.com. My team and I would be delighted to be of service to you again.

Manesh Fernando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were upgraded at this hotel, mainly due to renovations being undertaken at the time. These commence around 10am and go until 4.00pm (lots of drilling and thumping). However that said the upgrade made up for all that. We were placed in a 3 bedroom apartment.
Meet with free fruit and cookies and wonderful rooms and furniture we had definatley been placed in a new apartment.
Our housekeeping staff member Sampas (I think) who cleaned our rooms was a delight, very helpful and always had a smile.
Linens were excellent, beds comfy and the ensuite in main room had a lovely big bath and shower area.
Spa good but had been relocated to near pool area again due to renovations so it was noisey. Pool large and service here was good.
Try the restaurant reasonable and very good food, we opted to order from menu other than buffet and ate here a couple of times because it was so good. Staff remembered us and offered extras and remembered wines etc - cannot recommend the restaurant enough.
Great small balcony area - for smoking available and great view.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jake S,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with Hilton Colombo Residence, it is a pleasure to know that my team did their utmost to make you feel comfortable during your stay. As our upgrading works to our facilities continue, we are doing our best to minimise as much as possible any inconvenience to our guests.

My team and I very much appreciate your feedback on our newly refurbished apartment and especially your dining experience, which also highlighted your stay. I would welcome any further feedback on the hotel and invite you to please contact me directly on manesh.fernando@hilton.com. We would be delighted to welcome you back, should you return to Colombo in the near future.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Recently we held our visipaha batch party at the Banquet hall. Hall was excellent and lighting was perfect. Air conditioning was very comfortable. Staff were well trained and gave an excellent service. Food was great.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHCR, General Manager at Hilton Colombo Residence, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Sanjeewa A,

What a delight to hear from you again! Thank you for letting us know how the Visipaha Batch Party went, my team and I are pleased that everyone enjoyed themselves. It is also wonderful to receive great feedback on our service and food.

Should you have further feedback or be planning more events, please do contact me directly on manesh.fernando@hilton.com, it would be my pleasure to hear from you. See you again soon!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very nice apartments for group stay. Very comfortable and fully furnished. Very good alternative for short or long stay.
Very economical when compared to other 5* hotels, with equally good service, quality & comfort.
On;y issue is limited availability of eating out-lets/ restaurants and many not really in favour of Indian travellers.

Room Tip: any room on upper floors is equally good. Got the frou-side view, either to lakes or to sea
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear RahMeh,

Thank you very much for sharing your insights from your recent stay at Hilton Colombo Residence. I am pleased to read that you felt comfortable and well-taken care of by my team.

Your feedback on our restaurants is much appreciated and my team will review the variety that we offer and make the necessary refinements that would enhance our guests' dining experiences. In the meantime, at the Union Bar & Grill, we pride ourselves in putting out an extensive array of local and international delicacies that everyone can enjoy. We are also proud to offer a wonderful selection of Sri Lankan dishes that have garnered much praise from our guests at the Verandah Bistro & Bar.

Should you have any further feedback to share or plan to return to Colombo, I invite you to please contact me directly on manesh.fernando@hilton.com. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back on all your future stays.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Excellent desk staff and more than excellent F&B service,Apart from the hotel being excellent, the staff were amazing. Very very helpful .specially breakfast staff.
The suite that we stayed in was also absolutely fantastic with plenty of space - what a delight!

Would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear naleefn,

Thank you for commending my team for their outstanding service, it is wonderful to know that you felt at home and well-looked after during your stay. We truly appreciate your recommendation of the hotel and I invite you to please contact me directly should you have further feedback to share or be planning another trip to Colombo. My email address is manesh.fernando@hilton.com and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

- Very good hospitality
- Apartments are spacious and well done
- In downtown area
- Very peaceful location and easy access to other parts
- the breakfast spread is very good, love the fresh juices served and even they even make whatever you ask for…salads, breads etc
- odel mall close by
- Beach is also close
-a food mall is just next door, good for long stay

Room Tip: - pool view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear amishajshah,

It is very refreshing to know that you enjoyed our hospitality and felt at home with us during your recent stay at Hilton Colombo Residence. We would be delighted to welcome you back on your next trip to Colombo. Do email me directly on manesh.fernando@hilton.com should you have any inquiry or require assistance for your next stay with us. See you again soon!

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here with my wife for four nights to start my trip to Sri Lanka and two nights to end our trip. As a HHonors Gold member, I was upgraded to a very high floor, provided free breakfast, as well as fresh fruit and a bottle of wine on arrival. The best part is unlike other HHonors properties I didn't have to ask for any benefits, they were offered without asking. Their renovated suites are very nice and the cleanliness is excellent. The hotel restaurant (Union Bar and Grill) while pricey is good. Room service was excellent and offered basically the same menu as the hotel restaurant except late at night.

Room Tip: It's worth it to pay for the upgrade to a higher floor. The views from the higher floors are gre...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dharmithran,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Colombo Residence, it was a pleasure having you and your wife with us. Your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Gold member is of great value to us and I am pleased that your overall experience was memorable. Your positive feedback on Union Bar & Grill and Room Service is also very much appreciated.

Should you have any further feedback to share or plan to return to Colombo, I invite you to please contact me directly on manesh.fernando@hilton.com. My team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Manesh Fernando

Been to Hilton Colombo Residence? Share your experiences!