“Value added service - Excellent food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, International, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Value added service - Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I got to know this place from couple of my friends who had been there earlier and they highly recommended the standard of the food. When I first went there I was pleased with the car park facility and the service I received. But I had some doubts about the hall as it didn't look very glamor during the day time. Also I had some second thoughts after going through some of the reviews published in the web.
They had a good combination of menus and as I have already visited similar places around this area, I thought the prices were comparatively very good too . Also they were good enough to change the menu as per my requirement.
On the day of the occasion, they were very helpful for me to arrange the hall. They even went out of the way to find some decorations at the last moment for me. The hall looked marvelous in the night. The Manager was there right through out the function to make sure every thing is going smoothly. The food was excellent and all of the attendees commented on that. The batter fried prawns which served then and there added some action to the buffet. Through out the function the staff was very cooperative.
It was a very important function for me and I would like to thank Mr. Chang, Mr. Kapila, the Chef who personally spoke to me regarding the menu and the staff for making the function a memorable one to me and my family.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

colombo
“value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

we had our wedding there,the service was realy good,and the food was excellent! from the moment we began planing for our wedding until the end the staff and the manager was with us helping us to plan our special day,the veiw is beautiful and the hall is excellent to host a small groupf friends.we wish to thank the manager and the staff for making our day momorable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Matara, Polhena
“Utter Dissapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

It was 3 years ago when first visited the Lavinia Breeze, I must say it was the posh new beach side dining place then.. I dropped by this place for lunch recently and Sadly, the management have failed to maintain their consistent great service and star quality food through out these years.. For me, this restaurant is now among my Blacklisted restaurants. It's really sad because it still has the potential to deliver that premium quality.. As anybody would agree with me. The Location is the Best that any restaurant owner dream of it.. I was flabbergasted by the Poor Food Quality.. We were served a soo called "Nasigoreng" which worth Zero Bucks, though we were ripped off. Service times are soo delayed we had to wait over 1 hour for a Rice that didnt even included the correct ingredients for that particular dish.. For Travellers and Foodies out there.. My Advice is to try another place.. there are lots of restaurants along the mount beach..

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Not worth it, and below average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been there before and after seeing good reviews we were certain it would be a great evening

the view was lovely, there was a wonderful breeze coming from the sea and the restaurant was not crowded even it was a Friday
Once we order out the items, it took over 30 minutes to arrive, which was a little disappointing. Cause the restaurant was not even crowded

We ordered a ”tender beef-steak “ and a “half chicken with vegetables” along with the rice , the rice was under cooked and the beef was very hard to cut and to eat (just taken out from the freezer I suppose) the chicken was just boiled and not even enough for myself (only 3 small pieces) .

When the server came over to clear our plates I told him about this, and then he apologized and took our meals away. he never adjusted the bill, or offered us anything else.

The experience was not that impressive and with all the amazing choices in Mt.lavinia I won't be returning here
Quality of food has certainly gone down over the years

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“50th wedding anniverssary [03rd Aug]”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had our parents 50th wedding anniverssary at Lavinia breez grand marquee. It was truly a wonderful place to have such an occasion. From the venue to food every thing was so good. and the effort of staff at the place is amazing. Specail thanks to two people at the Lavinia breeze One Mr Samantha and Mr Hirantha for making the occasion a memorable one.