TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 95 Restaurants in Islamabad
Cuisines: Pakistani
Doha, Qatar
“I wanted to try every item on the menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I recently visited Islamabad and met up with a friend at Saidpur village, we decided to try Andaaz which - by word of mouth - we heard was tasty. Andaaz is quite a big restaurant which I didn't expect seeing from the outside. We were quickly seated by attentive waiters and the menu was brought to us. Though the menu was only 2 pages, there was nothing on there that did not sound tempting. My friend and I finally settled for Tamatar ka kut (fresh tomatoes simmered with exotic spices) and Chooza makhani (butter chicken) - we settled for both plain naan (bread) and yakhni pulao (rice) to eat it with. For drinks we both ordered fresh lime. The dishes took about 20 minutes or so to arrive but it was certainly worth the wait. The aroma was enough to convince me I had made the right decision. I usually enjoy a little bit of spice with my food and both dishes had the perfect amount of spice. The tomato curry was scrumptious with the naan and I ate the delicious tender butter chicken with the rice. We stayed eating and chatting till closing time which was midnight, the owner greeted us at the exit, thanking us sincerely. It was an overall pleasant and fun experience and I will certainly visit the restaurant if and when I return to Islamabad. Definitely give it a go - two thumbs up!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Islamabad, Pakistan
“Way too overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This place offers traditional pakistani food. The ambiance is very good , the service is very "royal" but the food portion is very small and too overpriced. A meal for two people would be around $30 ,without the dessert or drinks.

Visited June 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Cool restaurant with very good food in great surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Last few years Saidpur Village has been developed with restaurants, has become very nice. Andaaz was a very pleasant experience. Cool interior and terrace. Very good food and quick service. Highly recommended if you are in Islamabad

• Visited July 2013