“Possibly the best Naan breads I have tried” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 174 Restaurants in Ulaanbaatar
Cuisines: Indian
Description: We, at Namaste Restaurant strongly believe that a business exists because of it's valued customers/guests". Therefore, whatever we do here is meant to ensure a happy and highly satisfied guest.You are the most important element of our business. We feel proud and enthusiastic to see that our business ethics are liked and awarded by our guests.Who have voted for us in "Lonely Planet-(2011 edition)" travel guide as Ulaanbaatar's "TOP CHOICE" Indian restaurant.Once again we extend our sincere thanks to those who supported us in this journey without you we were not be able to come this far.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Possibly the best Naan breads I have tried”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

First of all you need to be aware that there are two restaurants with the name Namaste in UB, which can cause some confusion when you are asking for directions to go there. They are both under same ownership, and the one we tried certainly lived up to the great reviews.
We shared three different dishes, different types of rice, and the most delicious Naan breads ever, and I have tried many in the UK. The service is friendly and efficient, allthough English speaking staff is in very short supply.
The food is cheap, but as this was my first dinner in UB, it is difficult to judge the value against other restaurants here.
Go there if you fancy Indian food - you will not be disappointed.....

Visited June 2013

“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

a good curry and a fair price. The Staff are good, the beer and Wine reaSonably priced too. Worth a viSit.

Visited March 2013
Ulaanbaatar
“Pretty Good Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The food was pretty good. I've liked everything I've ordered there. They have tasty appetizers and their main dishes are pretty much like any other Indian restaurant in UB. It's probably my favourite Indian restaurant in UB, but it's still not the best Indian food I've ever eaten.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
“Inconsistent quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I will continue going to Namaste despite a stone appearing out of vegetable curry once and one of the most expensive dishes on the menu, a beef rib curry, being served cold. I think someone in the kitchen must have forgotten to put in the microwave, even though they state on the menu it's 'served straight out of a tandoori oven', of course. Overall the food is delicious and staff deal with your complaints in a professional manner.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Surendra Kumar B, Manager at Namaste, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Zaya,

Thank you for your comment.
Herewith, i would like to extend my sincere apologies for the bad dining experience you had in our restaurant. It"s also bad for us to hear about this as we do our best to provide the best service to all our customers all the time.To be frank with you this sort of complaint is extremely rare for us to hear - not that we doubt your story.As soon as this issue was brought to my attention we took administrative action.I do hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the nearest future.

With sincere regards,

Kumar
Manager
Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan
“Best restaurant with reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am student in Mongolia and I often come here. very nice manager and talented chefs and best environment. The price is much cheaper than other places

• Visited September 2012