This is the last accommodation that we had before leaving from Vientiane back home, and we were pleasantly surprised. My nature loving gf loved the surroundings and the fact that the resort makes an effort to pay the staff well and support community projects. We were tired from all that travelling from LP and VV up north so it was nice to have a nice relaxing place to round off the trip.
The resort is nestled in the forest surroundings with nice lodges compared to the usual run of the mill stuff, is a nice change of environment.
Liked the rooms and decor a lot - spacious, very natural, but the beds was a bit dusty which gave me a dripping nose in the morning.
Staff were nice in general but it seemed that new manager was more approachable compared to the rest of the Laotian staff. So look for the manager if you need something / have problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a riverside ecolodge resort only 30 km outside of Vientiane which offers a true taste of rural Lao life but with most of the comforts of home. We have a floating restaurant on the river and offer a range of activities such as local village tours, tubing, cooking classes, massage, a sauna nearby, boat trips, fishing, free bicycles etc. We do our best to live in harmony with both the local people and the surrounding forest. We also donate $2 per guest night to local education and community projects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Rivertime Resort and Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rivertime Resort And Ecolodge Hotel Vientiane
- Rivertime Hotel And Ecolodge
- Rivertime Hotel Vientiane