Certainly worth the drive out of Vientiane! Set your expectations straight before coming though, cause it surely ain't for the party crowd. If you're looking for tranquility, however, this is the place to be.
The lodges do need a bit of maintenance work, but we still had a cozy sleep. They got a list of activities such as nature treks, local village visits, even cooking lessons. Because of my swollen ankle, we weren't able to give these a go. We did enjoy the DVDs we borrowed from Barnaby (He's got heaps!).
There's a floating restaurant where brekkie is served. The resto has an extensive menu. But again, because of my ankle (there's a few meters walk downhill to the river from our lodge) and my husband's pad thai craving, we ate more often at the Thai restaurant next door.
Our toddler Luna had fun playing with Barnaby's toddler Alicia. Will definitely come back if we get to visit Laos again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a riverside ecolodge resort only 30 km outside of Vientiane which offers a true taste of rural Lao life but with most of the comforts of home. We have a floating restaurant on the river and offer a range of activities such as local village tours, tubing, cooking classes, massage, a sauna nearby, boat trips, fishing, free bicycles etc. We do our best to live in harmony with both the local people and the surrounding forest. We also donate $2 per guest night to local education and community projects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Rivertime Resort and Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rivertime Resort And Ecolodge Hotel Vientiane
- Rivertime Hotel And Ecolodge
- Rivertime Hotel Vientiane