“Clean, calming and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Angkham Hotel
453 Unit 36, Km.5, Kaisone Promvihane Avenue, Vientiane, Laos   |
Ranked #55 of 81 Hotels in Vientiane
Morris, Connecticut
“Clean, calming and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

Experiencing Vientienne away from the pollution and noise was most appealing. Everything and everyone made the stay a pleasure. Thanks go to the staff.

• Stayed October 2011

Couples
Solo
Manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I stayed in the hotel for three nights for a conference across the street. I requested for wake up calls the three mornings I was there - they called the first morning and failed to call the next two mornings. No apologies were given.

My shower didn't work the first morning and had to go next door to shower. This also happened in another room with my colleague.

I requested for a massage at my room. An hour later, still no masseuse. I called the lobby only to be informed that there was no masseuse available. I had to call the front desk to find out or I would have waited all night - and this happened twice!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
AngkhamHotel, Manager at Angkham Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2009
Dear Dondi81,

Thank you for your recent review of Angkham Hotel.

I sincerely apologise that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations.

I have spoken to the Front Desk staff regarding the wake-up call and the massuese issue and have put in place new procedures to ensure that guests will not be inconvenienced in the future.

In regards to the plumbing issue in your guest room, I am unsure of why the shower was not working as we have just recently upgraded our pumps and water management system at the end of June 2009.

If it is convenient, would you mind detailing the events of that morning and email me directly at gm@angkhamhotel.com so that I may look into this issue further?

Once again, I thank you sincerely for your review and hope that you may choose to stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards,

Khamhong Angkham
Managing Director
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

We were picked up at the airport and shuttled to the front door of the hotel. On arrival, we were greeted with friendly staff and and checked in promptly and efficiently.

We found our room very spacious and tidy. Transport out into the main city was quite convinient, and we always returned to find our rooms had been remade. The staff were very attentive, hospitable and very, very helpful.

The best experience at this hotel was probably being able to swim in their pool at any time of that day or night :) The hospitality of Angkham Hotel will definately guarantee my return.

• Liked — Open pool
  • Disliked — The lighting was a bit dark for the rooms at night, buffet breakfast was cold if you decide to sleep in lol
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2007

This would be nearly the worst Hotel Ive stayed at.
Payed top dollar for a suite room, this was the only choice we had being that there was a conference on in Vientiane that weekend. I wanted just a Hotel with a pool, and a reasonable room.
The pool was empty, the Hotel was a long way from town, which I realized but to find a tuk tuk or taxi was nearly impossible to find one.
The Room service took for ever to arrive, and the food was I must say ordinary.
Our fridge in the room didnt work, either did the remote for the TV.
The next morning there was dog [--] outside our door???
The Hotel took pets (as many Asian Hotels do)
This really was the straw that broke the camels back. We went down for breakfast which was SHOCKING, and checked out.
I would not reccomend this to my ex mother in law, (& thats saying something)

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — I hated everuthing there it was the pits
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
AngkhamHotel, Managing Director at Angkham Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2009
Dear Rickyb62,

Thank you for your feedback. It is disappointing to hear that we did not meet your expectations.

I am glad to report that we have taken your comments on board and have addressed the issues you have highlighted.

We trust that you will choose to stay with us again and experience a pleasant surprise.

Kind regards,

Khamhong Angkham
Managing Director

Been to Angkham Hotel? Share your experiences!