“Not good” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Macedonia
“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Ordered a dish that the menu said was boneless lamb,small splinters of bone all throught it. Tasteless food .Would not recommend.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
New Zealand
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I wanted a change from the local Lao food, and thought some Indian might be nice. I made the mistake of coming to this place.

I ordered a potato and eggplant dish, a chicken dish, and a tandoori paratha. What I got was microwaved sludge. It had that furry, light texture that frozen food has when it's microwaved. The chicken was hard as it inevitably is when it's been microwaved. The potato was almost non-existant, and the eggplant was somehow hard. Both dishes tasted exactly the same - I really couldn't tell the difference. It was bland and boring.

I'm not sure what they did to the paratha, but it wasn't cooked in a tandoor. This was probably the worst Indian meal I've ever had.

Visited July 2012
Phnom Penh
“Tasty Indian food on the waterfront”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Aashifa opened a few months ago and joined 3 or 4 other curry houses in the Waterfront area. It's located on a corner where a side street meets the main waterfront road. Tables are arranged on the pavement outside as well as inside but it all feels a little bit exposed.

There is an extensive menu of curry house favourites as well as some dishes from specific places in India. So far I haven't ventured far from mainstream dishes but everything I have tried has been very good - with particularly tasty sauces. Service is OK and food came quickly.

In summary I would say that Aashifa is a good safe bet for tourists and Expats hankering after a change from Lao food and wanting a good Indian meal like they would find at home.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Excellent food - good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Aashifa is my favorite Indian restaurant in Vientiane (so far). I go there on every visit. The signage uses beautiful calligraphy. Other than the food, that's about the most beautiful part! The restaurant itself is on a corner by the river. It is very basic with no frills. The staff does not smile a lot even for return customers, although I've caught a glimpse occasionally and they are very attentive. If it weren't for that and the lack of atmosphere I would rate this place a 5. Regarding the food, everything I've had there has been wonderful (to me). I get Chicken Harilayi a lot....and am always advised it will take 30 mins and it invariably comes out in 15. Plus, I have had the waiter try to argue with me on two separate visits that my food did not complement each other and I didn't have anything with enough sauce. Although I didn't like the intrusion, I appreciated that he was trying to help! I've had tons chicken and vegetarian dishes and not one that I didn't like. There are some things that haven't been overwhelmingly great, but definitely eatable. I wish they would do more with the place, but I'm going to keep coming back regardless.

• Visited June 2012