“Very disappointing hotel...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Vientiane

You added Mercure Vientiane to your Saves list
Mercure Vientiane
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Unit 10 Samsenthai Road | PO Box 585, Vientiane 8562, Laos   |
Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Vientiane
Saint John, Canada
“Very disappointing hotel...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very disappointing hotel. We got to the hotel, the room smelled like cigarette smoke, we could here everything that was going on in the next room and in the hallway. Our room really needed some renovation (looked like the 70'). We were situated next to the disco, the noise ended around 2:00 am. Internet was NOT free, wich was not acceptable for a 4 star hotel. I will never go there again.

Room Tip: Away from the disco !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is definitely the restaurant and swimmingpool area - and then this is basically it.... The rooms may be clean, but the interior standard is very low, looks like something from the 70's, the carpets full of stains and very worn.
When booking I made a request for a quiet room, and followed up on that request prior to our arrival - they gave us a room to the poolside, which was ok, BUT it was with a night club as neighbour which had very load music until 2-3 am ! They gave us another room, but it's not fun to stay awake and have to move a 01:45 am inthe night !
Furthermore, Club Accor system messed up big time, because I tried to use my point to book/pay afor the hotel, and despite typing in my password as confirmation during the booking process, I had to pay full price when checking out, and no points used !?!?! And full price for this hotel in Laos is ridiculous expensive compared to other hotels with a much better location.
Only good thing about the hotel : The staff was nice and friendly, but that doesn't make up for all the other mistakes.
Club Accor needs to do something much better than just send an "Sorry for your bad experience bla ba bla..." email, if they want to keep me as a member, because now I've had 2 bad experiences in a row.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Was here for Business trip.
Everything was not running well. The conx wifi wasnt working properly.
After i checked in, they gave me the last room down the aisle. Very far from the stairs and elevator. Yet the condition is terrible. I then complain and ask for a replacement. They did gave me other room. To be honest, i complained quite alot during my 6nights stay. The company set up the acomodation so i have to swallow it.
However, i appreciated the management effort to fix everything right for me and the worst thing is they dont speak proper english. It's quite a challenge for a first timer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Its a Mercure so we were not expecting 5 star facilities. We had been staying in "guest houses" for the past week so we were looking forward to seeing what a Mercure in Laos had to offer.
Well it exceeded our expectation, and we were sorry we didnt get two full days there as we had to leave early on the second morning and missed out on their buffet breakfast which was easily the best spread presented to us in Laos.
The room was reasonably spacious with a fridge, room safe, air conditioning and beautiful dark timber boards for flooring. The pool was a good size and long enough to do laps which I think is necessary if you are to call it a swimming pool. The foyer presents a gracious staircase to the first floor although an elevator is provided. This Hotel is not modern or chic but it was comfortable in every aspect. My only issue was that I could not get the WiFi to work but it may have been an outside issue.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and looked out onto the Hotels"back yard" which was not mu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leiden, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Arriving at the hotel was disappointing. I expected a more up to date hotel. Hotel clearly needs a renovation. I booked it via the Accor site and paid too much for what I was getting. They told me I got an upgrade, but room was still very basic and old. Hated the smell of cigarettes on my way to the room. Service was OK as well as the breakfast. All in all not my best " Mercure experience". .

Room Tip: Be aware of the noise of the frogs at night. Realise this is not all year. Butt still ;=)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Raglan, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

After a 30hr without sleep it was a pleasure to check in and find that I had been upgraded.
I fell into bed and slept for 12 hrs, so the bed was OK. I found the service and friendliness of the staff some of the best in my 3 week trip in Indochina.My room was acceptable but as I was out most of the 3 days I stayed ,not a problem. The dining experience was average apart from breakfast which was great. Spoilt for choice with the array of food. Croissants to die for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with 3 people, room was old and didn't match the pictures on the hotel website at all. E.g. TV was at least 15 or 20 years old, fridge same story. Worst is the windows: single glass and they don't close well so we got a lot of noise from the street. Old carpets etc. so I guess this is a room that urgently needs its facelift.
Staff was extremely friendly and helpfull which is why I didn't complain.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Mercure Vientiane? Share your experiences!