“always friendly and great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 229 Restaurants in Vientiane
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: XANG KHOO Restaurant (Tyna creperie before) in now open 7 days a week, 8am to 10pm, from breakfast to diner, brunch on Sunday (11am to 3pm)! Come to enjoy our French specialties, great beef filet or crepe (French pancake), and our local food in a cozy atmosphere! Great French wine list. (MSG and papain free)
Melbourne, Australia
“always friendly and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Ive been saying in Vientiane for 3 weeks now and Ive become a regular at Xang Khoo. The staff are so friendly, the owners are very welcoming and always approachable and the food is really worth the trip there. I have several allergies with food and the cook brought all the packets out and the waiter helped me decide what was safe to eat. Brillant place, and highly recommended. I personally recommend the crepes (they're gluten free!), rice paper rolls and green curry. Im yet to try the steak but Ive heard great things about it.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious treat after living on pad Thai & rice dishes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend needed a treat after our diet of eggs, noodles & rice began to bore us & constant travelling tiring us. This was the perfect treat. A little over our budget, but at home we would pay triple the price. Our bill was approx €34/39usd. With a shared prawn tempura starter. Flavourful spaghetti for himself, and a long craving delicious fillet steak & fries & salad. With famous crepe & ice cream and cheese board for desert. Oh also a 500ml carafe of beautiful house white wine.

Best meal I've had in a month since travelling.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Laos
“Best Steak in Vientiane!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This has got to be one of my favourite restaurants in Vientiane. Definitely the best value steak in town without a doubt. The meat and cheese boards are great, and go very nicely with a glass or two of wine.

Located right next to Nam Phou, its easy to access, service is good and I really like the atmosphere - relaxed and comfortable.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pattaya
“Beautiful Food service is lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I had a lovely meal starting with Tempura prawns it was a tasty start to the meal even if it arrived out of sync as my Steak arrived first was sent back and the prawns duly arrived. The service shortcomings aside the food was excellent the house wine both red and white far better than most that is passed as house wine else where.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best steack in Vientiane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was recently in Vientiane for a professional trip and went to Xang Khoo for an informal lunch with colleagues. The food was delicious and really fresh. We had a mix of Laotian and French cuisine and all of us enjoyed it a lot. I was so pleased with the food and the nice athmosphere that I ended up going there almost every day during my stay in Vientiane. The steak with fresh green pepper sauce is my favourite for a very affordable price (around 8 or 9 USD). I also tried a few of the local dishes (such as larp or pad thai) and they really taste great!
A good thing for travellers, this is one of the only restaurant that is also open for breakfast in the center of town.

• Visited April 2012