“Old world charm! Delightful and relaxing place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Khamvongsa
Khun Bu Lum Road | Ban Vat Chan, Vientiane Box 2338, Laos   |
Ranked #5 of 173 Vientiane B&B and Inns
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Old world charm! Delightful and relaxing place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Located a short walk from the Mekong river in a bustling part of Vientiane, this is a delightful hotel to stay in. We were here during the boat race festival to Mark the end of. Buddhist lent we were treated to an array of food and other stalls each evening. While there are stairs and no lift, the staff were extremely helpful and the rooms large, airy and traditional still providing wonderful comfort! The shower was hot and beautiful, the beds firm, large and comfortable. We enjoyed drinks on the patio in the evening watching the people and breakfast was simple but delicious! The staff are amazing and extremely considerate

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel was fantastic. Friendly staff, beautifully furnished rooms, good breakfast, great location and reasonable rates. Highly recommend Khamvongsa! We had a loft room which was perfect with two kids and added an extra interest to the room.

Room Tip: Go for the loft!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Place was ok, the room was fine, but could have done with a bit of refurbishment. Staff when we checked out were a little strange, not particularly polite. If I was in Vientiane again, I would probably choose to stay somewhere else, we paid $40 and we probably could have stayed somewhere nicer for the same price, or stayed somewhere similar for less cash. Not particularly bad though, just about average to be honest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Belmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was originally booked at another hotel on the river, but changed to Hotel Khamvongsa based on the reviews on here.
I'm so glad I did.
My transfer was waiting for at the airport and the drive to the hotel was uneventful,
Check in was fast and hassle free.
Being a solo traveller I don't need a lot of space, but my room, on the first floor was huge. A great big comfy bed, great bathroom, TV (if that's what you want), a mini bar and a safe. The rooms are ket spotless.
The location is good. Close to the river, all tourist sites and restaurants.
For the price (I paid $40US a night) this place is worth every cent and more. I loved it and I would have no hesitation in recommending Hotel Khamsvongsa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We have been there 2 times during our stay in Laos. The hotel and room are very stylish and clean, very calm. French colonial style. Wifi ok, breakfast correct, location nearby Mekong and main center roads. I do not put 5 ranking only because I find the staff a bit too cold.

• Stayed August 2013
Mae Sot, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I arrived early for my check in and I was asked to wait for 15 minutes. I walked up the street and picked up a classic, baguette sandwich and two Lao Dark Beers...The Breakfast of Champions. I returned and my room was ready..Clean, roomy, simple, but really nice and comfortable. Near to the Mekong Central area.....The host and staff could not be nicer. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. We paid extra for the loft room and it was huge and nicely decorated, much bigger than we needed. The Hotel is well located, the service was excellent and the breakfast was delicious. We had no concerns about safety.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Khamvongsa? Share your experiences!