“Very nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 25 hotels in Bishkek
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was only here less than 24 hours so it is hard to give it a proper review. However, the room was huge, the bathroom was perfect, the breakfast was good and the place was spotless. There is an interesting accessory in the closet next to the bathroom that is worth checking out. There were multiple places to charge electronics which was a nice change.

I don't know much about the location though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
North Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stay here! Rooms are large and comfortable with all amenities you would want. Staff ifs friendly and the buffet breakfast is excellent. I enjoyed having dinner in their restaurant, as seating is comfortable and the food is good.

On my first visit, I had Room 111 - the view wasn’t very good -- just the roof of another part of the building, and the bathroom was small. But, as mentioned, the room was large and the king size bed was comfortable. Check to see if wi-fi works in this room. It didn’t for me, so I used the log on from another room and it was fine.

On my second visit, I had room 603. At first it was a disappointment as it clearly hasn’t been updated. The furniture was older style and the brown carpet has seen better days. But the room was comfortable - lighting was good, it had the same amenities as room 111. The room had a king-size round bed - which I’ve never experienced before. I was there in late May and the a/c worked fine, but was not very strong.

The displays in the lobby are worth looking at -- they serve as the gift shop. I found a lovely cotton and felt scarf for $23 that was $12 less than the “factory” the guide took us to.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies -- it might be nice to ask for one if the weather is not too hot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
sss_kg, General Manager at Golden Dragon Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Ms.Esther Perica,

Warm greeting from Bishkek,Kyrgyzstan!
Thank you,your comments were helpful for us.My team and I will be glad to see you again in our hotel.
Best wishes and regards.

Mrs.Altynai Isaeva, Manager of Golden Dragon Hotel
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

It was my first time in Kyrgyzstan and I was booked at this hotel for six days. I should say that my stay there was satisfactory. I stayed in a room with two double beds, but I would have preferred one with just one queen sized bed. The hotel staffs were courteous and responsive and that is a big thing for me. The room was cleaned very well

I just had a few things to suggest. I hope that a smoking area in the lobby be designated so that those who do not smoke would not get the cigarette fumes. It was also difficult to find the right water temperature for the shower. It was either too hot or too cold.

While the hotel looked secure and safe, it was quite a distance away from the city center, and it was not easy to take a cab by myself as taxicab drivers usually do not speak English. But what is good about its location was that it is close to restaurant (El Faisa) where I really enjoyed the best of Central Cuisine.

Finally, what intrigued me were a pair of masks in the room. I didn't know what it was at first, but when a colleague of mine told me that she saw the same in her own room. I took notice, What's a mask doing in my room....

I say the hotel can be improved for it be better, but I would not mind going back there. I am satisfied.

Luie

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here recently in a flat which was basic but quite spacious. The bedroom was overheated.

I think there are two good things about the hotel. The staff are very pleasant, and they have very good live music in the restaurant in the evenings.

But the food is disappointing, 'cake of the day' for example had recently been in the freezer.

The porridge at breakfast is good - you have to ask for it - but they don't serve real coffee - just instant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Truro, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a conference in the adjoining facilities. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Although some distance from the centre of the city, taxis are reliable, readily available and very reasonable. The internet connections, so important these days, were very good. The Kyrgyz Republic is a very verdant part of the Central Asian Steppes and the mountains are only a short drive from the City.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed in the flats behind the hotel - looked nice with their own kitchen, shower room etc, and was clean. However the bed was not made up when I arrived off an over night flight, I disappeared down a crack in the middle of the bed in the night, the door did not lock properly and it is quite far from the centre. Staff were quite friendly if not terribly helpful. My skype account was infected with a virus on one of the hotel business centre computers and I was told that they would only be fixing the problem three days later!
Breakfast and other food was of standard quality for the region and very expensive

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Baku, Azerbaijan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is a 4 star hotel in Bishkek, a little far from the center. Amenities are fine, however, if one expects 5 star like hotel, it will be a disappointment. Its not cheaper than the 5 star hotel however, The staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Golden Dragon Hotel? Share your experiences!