“Top noctch Hotel including services, amenities, location, and staff--with some tweaks needed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel, Astana

Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Astana
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Have stayed in many hotels around the world and finding one that can compete with some of the best in terms of services in the steppes of Asia is a great experience. I give it a 4 and half star. I am sure the hotel can fix a few niggles and get a true five staf.

Staff:
The staff speak English fluently and goes out of the way to try to solve problems. The on site security is 24 hrs and visible. Kudos to all of them for the smiles and the service. You do a great job.

Location
The hotel is attached to two bars and a night club and this place rocks until 3 am. The hotel is also attached to an office building and if you happen to work next door it is very convenient. Work and play. It is located next to a river walk and you can use if for runs or to walk to various sites and it is quite safe. IF you happen to have a lower room that faces the main road and sleep with windows open (yes you can open them but have to ask for someone to come and help you) you will have some road noise. It is just by the bridge that separates new and old Astana so very convenient.

The breakfast buffet, lunch, and dinner are all excellent. The ingredients are fresh and the food tastes very good (spice, flavor, and texture). The wait staff is attentive and speaks English--only the cook at the omelet station had problems understanding the requests (over a few days).

Rooms
Good size, modern, well laid out and planned. Bathroom is good size and water pressure was very good. The only issue was the A/C--it worked some times and quit other times. I asked for repairs--which were performed--but I did not see much improvement. THIS is the only tweak the hotel needs to deal with (others in my party had similar issues).

The elevators are really small which is very odd given the 16 flrs and one was down for part of the time for repairs. There is a cigar bar and it has a good selection of spirits and cigars.

I look forward to staying at this hotel again and recommend it to all travelers.

Room Tip: Ask for river view and request higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bahrain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed here before as I often travel to Astana on business. I was hoping Mr. Jesper would have actually taken note of all the complaints from previous customers regarding the stuffy rooms. At 500$ a night and a chain name like the Radisson, you would think each room would at least have a decent temperature with controller. This time I had five so called "Business" rooms booked and each one was stuffy without any air-conditioning control. I called 5 times before a technician came who pretended to touch something in the electrical compartment then in the control box and then nodded as he didn't speak a word of english and left the room. I travel the globe and occasionally do find the odd problems but this hotel really does nothing good for the Radisson chain. Mr. Jesper save yourself the trouble of replying to this post. It will do no good. How you remain number one hotel in Astana from 30 astounds me. I hope for once this does not fall on deaf ears..... I will be back in Astana this month and I am afraid I will have to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jesper F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel, Astana, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience with us and other Tripadvisor users. Despite of your comment, please let me still reply to your review, as it comes with a disappointment we have not met your expectations. It is part of our standards to ensure the guest's satisfaction and to make sure we have done things right for you. However as per how you have described the situation, the follow up call or visit from our English speaking staff seems to be missing. Please accept my sincere apology for any consequential inconvenience and let me ensure you we will do our best to avoid it for the future.

For technical matter itself - we are ready to provide assistance needed to make the stay as comfortable as possible, respecting the individual guest's needs. At the same time we are working on technical solution, that should extend level of independent temperature control in the room in the near future.

I still hope we will be able to host you in Radisson Hotel Astana once business brings you back to the area and that we will have an opportunity to make you feel Radisson Hotel, Astana as one of the most comfortable places in Astana to stay.

Let me wish you all the best, for any other questions or comments I remain at your disposal.

Saint-Etienne, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is probably the best hotel in Astana, but very expensive and not good enough for a 5 star. In my room (1401), the TV was far from my bed, the remote control not working when I wanted to change the channels (not the batteries, the device is really bad quality), the heating system not working properly, I could not make direct phone calls from the room, I had to call the operator who would make the call for me (in room 1401 I could not make any direct calls). My cell-phone did not have a good network while I was in the room. The gym is in an external building, I could commute internally from the hotel, but I had to request a receipt at front desk, then walk to the gym, far and inconvenient. Breakfast and lunch buffets are very basic and could easily be better. For room service I ordered a hamburger well done (it came medium rare) and a soup that was delivered 15 minutes after the hamburger. The staff however is very nice and efficient.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 1401.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jesper F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel, Astana, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Alex,

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback regarding your stay with us. We are happy for your special comments, as it gives us opportunity to improve our service and follow up with points where we failed to meet your expectations that is very unfortunate. Let me ensure you our team is working hard to provide service of high quality and we will investigate the issues to fix them as soon as possible.
We still hope to see you again in our hotel for your next visit in Astana.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I first came to the Radisson in Astana back in 2008 and was quite impressed at the time, Astana has grown up quite a bit in the last 5 years! I have now been staying here on a regular basis for the last 2 years and cannot say enough about the hotel. The heating and cooling can be a bit of an issue but I feel that there are so many pluses that I can tolerate it. First of all, the staff is AMAZING, it doesn't matter if it is front desk, restaurant, house keeping or the incredible fitness center. Everyone I encounter is just so friendly and welcoming. I love the way they greet me by name every time I arrive and if there is anything I need they are so quick to offer assistance and willing to do whatever it takes to take care of me. Breakfast is great, always fresh and lots of selection, the internet is stable and high speed. Love the location with the river walk right outside the hotel and plenty of dinning and shopping opportunities within walking distance. Would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Astana. Having stayed at most of the other top 5 hotels here I will always stay at the Radisson Astana every chance I get.

Room Tip: The river rooms have the best view but if you are more interested in quiet take a room on the back s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jesper F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel, Astana, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Dan,

Greeting from Radisson Hotel, Astana!

First of all let me thank you for sharing felling and experience of your stay in our hotel. It will be a pleasure to share your comment with our staff, as it encourages and motivates us to strive for more happier guests and to provide better service to make them feel the hotel as true “Home Away from Home” in Astana. Regarding the in room temperature control please be aware that we are working hard on possible solutions.

Once more thank you for choosing Radisson Hotel, Astana. We are looking forward to host you in our hotel anytime the business should bring you back to the area.

Best regards,
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is my second time staying at the Radisson in Astana. The rooms are fine and the hotel offers free wireless (should be expected for $500/night). Restaurant offers reasonable selection for breakfast buffet. Multiple shops, including some very high-end jewelers are in the lobby which leads to a friendly and safe atmosphere. Great transport services are offered from within the hotel. The best part of the hotel is the adjacent gym which offers excellent workout facilities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jesper F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel, Astana, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from blooming spring Astana!

Thank you very much for your comment and sharing your opinion with other travelers. We are happy you have chosen Radisson Astana for your stay and we are looking forward to host you in our hotel again whenever your business should bring you back to the area.

Wish you all the best,
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I thought the Radisson was a really nice hotel - it was a great location for going for a wander along the river, and the room was good. The only problem was the heating/air conditioning! The room was so incredibly hot and stuffy and I couldn't get the air conditioning working. I phoned the service centre and they came to sort it while i was out, but when I got back to my room, all they had done was open the window! The noise of the traffic outside was horrendous so it was another very hot night. The breakfast was fine and the room was nice, but there was a distinct lack of electricity points in the room - not helpful if you want to charge your phone and use your laptop at the same time! The hotel was lovely - it looked great and the room was very nice, it just wasnt as practically good as it should have been

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jesper F, General Manager at Radisson Hotel, Astana, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Radisson Hotel, Astana ! Thank you very much for your positive feedback and sharing your experience with other travelers. We are taking all the comments seriously and together with our team doing our best to improve the service level and make the stay for our guests more comfortable. Central heating system upgrade and in-room temperature control is one of our key focus projects we are working on. Before the upgrade will be ready, we are happy to assist with any adjustments or requests through our One Touch Service.

Hope we will have a chance to host you in Radisson Hotel Astana soon. In the meantime, please let me wish you in the name of our team all the best.

Olen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

first trip to Astana. What a surprise. The hotel is great, rooms are comfortable, bathroom is superb and spacious. The staff is friendly, real friendly, not trained friendly. Like in the western hotels you need to wait until somebody feels like serving you; here they come to you when you are about to sit down. The food was really great and there is an abundance of choices. When you take a taxi, they charge it to your room, no hassle with drivers who don't speak english. Only one thing: the hotel is at the city center on 2 busy roads. There is a constant traffic noise of zooming cars, buses and trucks. The windows are not really stopping the noise. It woke me up several times during the night. When checking in, please ask for a quiet room, if this exists. The temperature regulation in the room was a problem, it was set at 28° too hot and had to open the window to get some fresh air, but indeed at -27 you can not keep the window open and the traffic noise....

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room to avoid the traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Together our team, we were pleased with your comment shared with other travelers. Will be happy to report it back to our staff, who wants to provide the best service for our guests. With the central heating system we are trying to secure comfortable environment through the hotel especially during quite cold winter season. We remain at disposal of our guests through One Touch Service for any adjustments needed, but in the meantime we are also working on improvement plan for the system.

Once again - thank you very much for your appreciation of our team, feedback like yours is one of the best rewards we can get.

Wish you all the best and looking forward to host you again in our hotel.

Radisson Hotel, Astana

Been to Radisson Hotel, Astana? Share your experiences!