“Close to everything - Good Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fancy Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Fancy Guest House
You added Fancy Guest House to your Saves list
169B, Chan Reachea (St. 15), Phnom Penh 12205, Cambodia   |
Ranked #18 of 273 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Close to everything - Good Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I booked over the internet with Fancy GH - All questions were answered promptly and we also arranged for an airport transfer in air conditioned car- Driver drove safely! We stayed in a room at the back of the hotel. Despite being in the middle of the main tourist area ( so close to the river and lots of local restaurants) the room was exceptionally quiet and spacious. Air conditioning was provided. Fancy GH also organised a driver to take us to the Killing Fields, Russian Market and the S 21 Museum. We really felt welcome and loved the fact that it is a family run business- Highly recommend :)

Room Tip: WE chose a room at the back of the hotel on level 4- very quiet!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very very friendly and helpful. The little balcony allowed a nice view on the street and was not too noisy. Bathroom was a little bit small but worked out well. Nothing to complain about in general. Everything was very clean: sheets, floor, bathroom. Thanks to Mr. Fancy! Also for booking a bus to Siem Reap and the pickup to the guesthouse.

• Stayed December 2013
Nantes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We booked through internet and received a fast helpful reply. There was no probem when we changed the reservation dates and when we arrived earlier than expected - and well before the midday check-in - our room was ready immediately.
All the staff were friendly and helpful without being pushy and we enjoyed our stay there very much.The room was clean and there is a light by the bed for reading. We had a balcony room, but with the shutters closed we could sleep as late as we liked without hearing the noise from the street. I would recommend this guesthouse without hesitation. Thanks to all the staff for a great stay.

Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Fancy is in a good location, within a 5 min walk of the royal palace and the river front with restaurants to choose from. When we got there they asked if we wanted to upgrade and showed us to a room with a balcony for a few extra dollars a night which we decided to take. It is on a quiet residential street so not much to watch but nice to have a balcony, especially during the thunderstorms. Staff were helpful and warned us to be careful of our bags when going out. Room was a comfortable size, bathroom just about big enough. Wifi in the room, English TV channels and good working aircon. Overall great for what we wanted.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Booked our stay at this guest house via email communication with Mr Phannak. This communication was very good and I felt extremely comfortable with the booking. Upon our arrival in Phnom Penh at around midnight, the staff even waited up especially for us to greet and welcome us to the guest house.

We paid $20/night for a double room with a window, air con, a warm, powerful shower and a TV. After returning to Phnom Penh 2 weeks later, we again stayed at Fancy Guest House (arranged via email again), this time in a double room with no window, but with all the features of the previous room ($18/night). Both rooms were absolutely adequate, quiet and were cleaned daily. There is very little difference between the rooms as the view from the windowed room was a brick wall (but, you may prefer the fresh air). The reception also contains a safe place for your valuables, for which you keep the key (this felt very secure). The daily free bottle of water and strong WiFi are great bonuses too! The very well-stocked and competitively priced drinks and snacks section in reception is very good too.

Staff (a family) were very friendly and helpful and were not as 'pushy' as other reviews suggest. They do encourage the use of their brother's taxi a fair bit and also ask if you need transport bookings; however, if you say that you've made your own arrangements, they leave it at that (self-arranged tuk tuk to/form airport = $6, Fancy GH taxi = $10-$15; self-arranged tuk tuk to Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Center and back = $20, Fancy GH taxi = $60). The staff also allowed us to leave our bags in reception on two separate occasions after we checked out.

I would highly recommend staying here for a comfortable stay in an excellent location (very close to river, market and Royal Palace) and at a decent price. Only qualm is that beds were a tad hard (really not a big issue though).

Thanks Fancy Guest House :)

Room Tip: All rooms are very good (even the ones with no windows).
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were a family staying here in a 3 bedroom suite. When it came down to payment I kept an envelope of US dollars which I was sure about how much I had in there. I said I had x amount to the girl at the reception and she said that I had to give $50 more. So I told my dad to give $50 dollars as I didn't have any and I moved away from the counter. I came back (my dad went back to the room) to the counter, she recounted the money and said there is $10 less. I told her that I had given her the exact amount as I knew how much exactly I had in the envelope. I realized later as my dad left and as I was coming back to the counter she slipped a $10 note into her pocket. Just wanted to let everybody know there is dishonest staff here, be careful with your money!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I booked my room and air port pick up though email. On the same day I had my room booking and air port pickup was confirmed by the owner. Air Port pick up smooth and on time. When I arrived at the hotel staff was warm and welcoming. It was good as I have been on the road for a long time. Room was very clean and comfortable with very good air condition which was a bonus. Owner Mr. Phanak was very kind to advice me on local food stalls and even took me to a very good breakfast place. Highly recommended place to stay in Phnom Penh

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Fancy Guest House? Share your experiences!