In terms of the rooms themselves, they were OK. We paid 12 dollars for a room with a (broken and very uncomfortable) double bed, AC and TV. The bathtub was broken so we had to shower on the bathroom floor and managed to get the price down to 12 from 15 because of this.
The place is family run and overcharges for EVERYTHING. The internet is a rip-off as is their water and other things they sell there. Breakfast there was terrible. I ordered a fruit salad and got a banana and half an orange. When I asked them where we could go for breakfast they could only recommend their restaurant.
Like many other travellers on this page, we made the mistake of getting our visas for Vietnam and Laos through them. They severely over-charged us for this service but, worst of all, they put the same entrance date on both visas (didn't ask us for this info. which of course we too overlooked, but if you are charging almost double, you could at least ask for basic information).
When we realized that our exit date in Vietnam is 2 days before we are due to fly out, which means we will either have to pay a fee or get an extension, the lady at the counter told us to go to Laos first instead of Vietnam. Thanks... They told us they were very sorry but that they could not reimburse any of our money for this mistake.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Guesthouse & Cafe Bar Hotel Phnom Penh
- Royal Guesthouse And Cafe Bar
- Royal Guesthouse & Cafe Bar Hotel
- Royal Hotel Phnom Penh
- Royal Hotel Cafe Bar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close by to the riverfront area, Royal Guest House is the perfect place to experience Phnom Penh and its surroundings. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With the city's main attractions such as River Front, Night Market Market, Royal Palace, National Museum, Pub Streets within close reach, visitors to the hotel will just love its location.At Royal Guest House, the excellent service and superior facilities make for an unforgettable stay. The hotel offers access to a vast array of services, including shops, poolside bar, bicycle rental, family room, pets allowed.Experience high quality room facilities, including separate shower and tub, fan, satellite/cable TV, desk, television, to help you recharge after a long day. Besides, the hotel's host of recreational offerings ensures you have plenty to do during your stay. Enjoy unparalleled services and a truly prestigious address at the Royal Guest House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Royal Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.