“Avoid avoid its 2013 not 2005” 1 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Flamingos Hotel
#30 Street 172 | Sangkat Phsar Tmei 3, Phnom Penh 12210, Cambodia   |
Ranked #96 of 203 hotels in Phnom Penh
“Avoid avoid its 2013 not 2005”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have used this hotel over the years numerous times but this was the final straw when I visited in 2006 it was a nice hotel then every year it has gone down hill. My last visit was in 2009 pior to this and that was the last time but due to arrival time it would have done. Now there is no cafe the place smells of mould and that's before you have entered your room. My room smelt of mould the bed sheets had clearly not been changed poor to the 6 or so short time customer's before me, ash trays still full from previous, and you will not sleep till at least 6am there are clubs bars playing music a stones throw away that will rattle the rooms. People give the place a wide birth I was at one time happy to say I stayed here pay the extra $2 go for a "Walkabout" then your "Blue tongue" will drop out. ;)

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Boracay, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

flamingos hotel has a very nice staff, always helpful, clean and comfortable rooms, a passable breakfast included, and a central location! i have stayed there more than a few times, and was never disappointed. walking distance to the central market, and for a buck, your on the riverside..on station right outside the hotel,the tuk tuk drivers are the same bunch of guys, and get to know you fast! always take you where you want to go directly, and never try to rip you off.. all in all, a good place to stay in phnom penh.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
woodstock,il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

if you are on a budget and aren't a NGO worker this is the place for you. reasonable prices for a small but clean room with AC. Breakfast and airport transfer INCLUDED! friendly and helpful staff and top floor bar has a great view of the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I used to stay in this hotel many times for the very friendly staff and its location but this was my last time unless they make it new ! My first room was flooded by rain through the ceiling during the night and the second room (I changed, of course) had the aircon leaking ! It's a fairly cheap hotel but this is too much and there are plenty of new hotels around with similar prices and even quieter.
Good bye Flamingos, I used to like you very much ...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

More suited to singles as it is in the heart of all the night life and girlie bars , but the staff were very good and fiendly , breakfast not bad , very nice coffee , you can order extras off the menu . Our room was a 25.00 room but all the ameneties , including good wi fi and airconditioing .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fremantle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Like the previous reviewer (Dipper) I have also stayed at this hotel many times been happy with service but quite disappointed with my visit this time. I had to change rooms after one week because the air con packed up and they had to wait for spares. The room I changed to the wardrobe door would close properly, I repaired myself. The bedside lamp did not work and the maintenance man took a while checking it. Why he did not just change with spare beats me, as thats what he did in the end after all his to and froing. Wi fi was terrible but was informed on checking out that they change provider. The cleaning standard has also slipped. I did negotiate a discount for my troubles but had to push. The front of house staff were very good and apologetic about the problems, special mention to Achoo, hope I spell her name correct. I did check a couple of other hotels in area for my next visit.

Room Tip: Stay towards back of hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed here about 6 times in the past but it has gradually fallen into decline .
I had to move out to another hotel this trip I will not be returning ( unless the place has a refurb)

Pros, friendly desk staff, free airport pick up.

Cons , very dirty, badly maintained rooms and lift (The smell is awful), noisy at night ( music from nearby clubs),Wi-Fi signal comes and goes.

The last time I checked in I was given the dirtiest room I have ever seen in a hotel and believe me I have stayed in a lot of cheap places in my time.

It is a shame I used to like staying at the Flamingos

Room Tip: If you must stay get a room on the top floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Flamingos Hotel? Share your experiences!