“Expect great food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 798 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Lebanese, Vegetarian, Middle Eastern, Halal
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Petra restaurant, which is named after the famous historic city Petra in Jordan, is located in a spacious 3 floor Villa in downtown Phnom Penh. We offer a large range of authentic Middle Eastern as well as a variety of Western dishes as set menus and food a la carte. We furthermore provide buffet for large groups (Please notice us in advance). While waiting for the food, guests can dress up in traditional Arabic dresses and take photos on the 2nd floor. Our focus is on providing authentic Middle Eastern flavours in a homely environment with excellent customer service. We furthermore take great pride in having a state of the art stainless steel kitchen and train all our staff in hygiene awareness.
“Expect great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

If you're looking for a night out with family and friends, Petra is the place to be. Exotic food and drinks, great atmosphere, and good service. Drop by at Petra and experience a taste of Jordan

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Amazing Team Dinner Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The remarkable experience we had in Phnom Penn was having dinner at Petra Restaurant with our overseas executives. Assorted Mideastern menu served all team members' choices. The one common area was the lack of wine at this restaurant; however, it was absolutely a right decision to try other drinks which made it perfect to enjoy dinner as it should be. Fresh laban, fresh juices, and softdrinks.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Most authentic Middle Eastern Food in Phnom Penh!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

After spending the last year in Dubai, I got accustomed to eating shawermas, zaatar bread, shish tawook, and having hummus and baba ganoush with almost every meal. So when I returned to Phnom Penh, I was very excited to see a new Middle Eastern restaurant in the heart of the city.

The ambiance greets you with a warm blend of colors. The paintings depicting Jordanian culture take you back to a time now forgotten, a time where affection was shown through the food that was prepared. Since I am familiar with Arab hospitality, I was very delighted to see that the service has adopted this sense of hospitality. Even though I had gone with friends, I really appreciated the managements efforts to make this restaurant as much of a family restaurant as it is a place for friends or colleagues. The interactive cards on the table will teach you about Jordanian language and culture, and adds a new dimension to this dining experience.

I was recommended to order a purple drink (karkabeh) that had a rich and explosive taste. I was taken back to my time in Dubai when I sampled a variety of dishes, of which the Shish Tawook was my favorite. The chicken was tender and and perfectly with the yogurt spices of the Middle East, so as to offer a mix of tangy and savory tastes for the palette to enjoy.

Over all, I can honestly say that it was a great culinary experience, from the great service to the engaging ambiance. However, the star of the show is the food, it feels like its been cooked with care and authentically brings Jordanian cuisine to the top tier of Phnom Penh's eateries.

I highly recommend this restaurant to all who love Arab food, and if you're new to Arab food, this is the perfect place for you to start!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Had heard some buzz about this place so wanted to check it out and was really disappointed. The food was greasy and poorly flavored. There are significantly better alternatives in town.

Henrik H, Manager at Petra, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Matt,

Thank you very much for visiting Petra restaurant.

We are sorry to hear that your visit did not live up to your expectations.

At Petra restaurant, we value feedback as it helps us to improve our operations and become better at what we are doing.
However, as your feedback is not very detailed, we would appreciate if you could send a name with the dishes you had to petrarestaurant2013@gmail.com, so we can find out the cause of the problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Petra restaurant.
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

One of Cambodia’s authentic Middle Eastern Restaurants!
I picked Petra for WIG’s (Women’s International Group) Monthly Lunch and it was unequivocally a success. Great menu, good service and a beautiful relaxing ambiance. You can't fault the service and the attention to detail with the food. The main and accompanying side dishes were such an explosion of flavours. Petra has entered our favorite list for sure!

Visited May 2014