“Absolutely fantastic....” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brighton
“Absolutely fantastic....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Me and my brother went here recently based upon the good reviews and tantalising photo's, and we certainly weren't disappointed. We opted for the tasting menu, which is 50 dollars a head, so not cheap, but worth every penny. The rather dishy chef came and told us about the first course (fresh tuna in this wonderous broth with onion and herbs), and after that the waiter would come and describe each and every dish, which was a really personal, lovely touch.

The food was of a fantastic quality, and was very inventive without being overly 'nouveau cuisine-y'. The flavour combinations were excellent, and I was particularly impressed with the duck which was medium rare- exactly how it should be. The wine was beautiful, and fairly priced. The restaurant itself is a bit special- a beautiful wooden and white veranada was where we sat, but you could also sit indoors in the minimalist but inviting setting. I was impressed they squeezed us in when we rocked up without a reservation, but it was busy, so I would definitely suggest booking. Very impressive indeed, and probably the best meal I've had in Asia.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

São Paulo
“Inventive and excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Just had a great lunch and chat with the chef/owner. Great guy and I love his courage and cleverness in combining fresh, flavorful local ingredients into unexpected dishes.

“Loved the concept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is a very particular place... It's a real dining experience both for the place and its atmosphere and for the food.

Went only once, not because I didn't want to go back, but because generally I have other preferences, but it doesn't mean I didn't like it.

The chef is kind and very creative, you can see for how he serves the food what experiences he has made in life.. and you won't be disappointed...

Service was good and extremely enjoyable outdoor garden.

Will be back for sure

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dunsborough, Australia
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Having searched for a restaurant close by (stayed at the Patio Urban Resort) this place was just around the corner,what we found was motorbikes in the garden, motorbikes in the restaurant....found out later the chef Tim has an interest in cafe racer motorbikes and had them in the restaurant for the week, found this quite interesting and a fun idea.

Now the food.....very much modern style, we had the duck for entre' and pork belly for main, the duck was fantastic, the only down side I felt was the pork belly (my favourite dish in any restaurant) was quite fatty, I know it normally is, but this piece was very much so, and the skin was a touch under done, as is not very crispy. The wine list is not big, but I assume matched to the food on the menu.

You can see there is passion in the food served, the service is second to none, I would come here again, and would recommend The Common Tiger to those wanting a fantastic food experience. Maybe just crisp up the skin and it would be perfect!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A foodie's dream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We had the price fixe menu and the food was innovative and delicious. Each course let us amazed and surprised by the flavors. Timothy is extremely creative. Worth every penny!

• Visited May 2014