“Brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camory Backpackers Hostel

You added Camory Backpackers Hostel to your Saves list
Camory Backpackers Hostel
#167 Sisowath Quay, Sangkat Phsar Kandla 1 Khun Doun Penh, Phnom Penh 85523, Cambodia   |
Bondi, Australia
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I initially booked this hostel for one night and ended up staying for four. The staff here were so lovely and bent over backwards to help me, they were all really sweet. In a good location right on the Mekong Delta, a pleasant 10 minute walk to royal palace etc. Amazing a la carte breakfast menu (brekkie included in room rate), better than most mid-range hotels. Secure and safe. A/C in rooms. Clean bathroom. The restaurant downstairs is also great, really fresh local ingredients and everything is reasonably priced.They booked my bus trip up to Siem Reap as well which was great and made breakfast early for us before the trip. Would highly recommend. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Female only dorm in a loft area has A/C, no fresh air or view - only 5 beds though and is lovely and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
CamoryHostel, General Manager at Camory Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,
Many thank you for your lovely reviews Camory Hostel/Restaurant on TripAdvisor-Which have been shared with all of my staffs with great pride. Again, thanks for choosing to stay and to eat at Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant.
We are looking forward to serving you again for your next visit.

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hostel is great. The staff is extremely helpful with everything. They can arrange a tuktuk driver for you all day for a reasonable price to visit everything you want, and they even offered me to take me to the bus station early in the morning when they found out that the bus company did not pick me up.
Rooms and bathrooms were very clean, although I can imagine that 2 showers and 2 toilets are not that much when the hostel is fully booked.
I booked the girls only dorm first, but I am glad I ended up in the big dorm: much spacier and a great terrace with river view!
When you compare the price, it might seem a few dollars more than other hostels BUT here the a la carte breakfast is included and very good!

Room Tip: Ask for the big dorm at the riverside with the terrace.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
CamoryHostel, General Manager at Camory Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of staff at Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant, I would at this moment like to express our sincere gratitude for your wonderful reviews on TA which has been shared with all of my staffs with great pride. Our policy is that customer is God whose provide money so we must take good care to every guest and please understanding for our hostel just has two bathrooms, but we want promise that we do our best in the future.
You are so much to us! Again, thank you for choosing to stay and to eat food at Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again for your next visit.
Have a Safe Trip! Have a Safe Trip!
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We arrived late from a plane ride. The staff jumped to carry our bags up and check us in quickly. The beds have privacy curtain for each bed. The ac is so nice. Each bed has own reading light, electrical plug, and night stand. Has locked lockers for valuables. Very clean. Nicer than any European hostel I have stayed at. Free breakfast in the morning. There is always staff available and they jump at your every need. The owner goes above and beyond. He went out if his way to personally help us when we lost our debit card. They all speak English very well. The food is good at the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
First, I would like to thanks to TAdvisor for let me say thank you to all of our guest via T-Advisor. I wish to express my heartfelt and sincere gratitude for your fantastic comments my hostel on TripAdvisor-Which have been shared with all of my staffs with great pride. My staff and I are in the hope that you will receive more enjoyable during the next stay. Hopefully, your bank will issue a new credit card soon for you. Thank you for choosing to stay and to eat at Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant. We are looking forward to serving you again for your next visit probable soon.
All for now and all the very best wishes :)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Maybe a few dollars more per night then other places but definitely worth the price. First the free breakfast was one of the bigger ones I have had at any hostel. The service was also fantastic and really friendly. Willing to book everything us and even prepared breakfast for us before the normal 7am, because we had a early flight to catch. Among the best. The rooms and bathroom are booth very clean and maintained everyday. Each bed has its own outlet, lamp, and stand, even those on the top bunks which was very helpful. The location is right next to the river and has many restaurants bars within walking distance. Excellent experience, and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Customer,
We are looking forward to serving you again for your next visit.
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I decideer to stay at this good reviewed hostel for 2 nights. The beds were the best I slept in and comparable to sheraton beds. The hostel is new, sanitaire is also recent and the airco is very good. Stay at the Camory, you will not be disapointed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CamoryHostel, General Manager at Camory Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Sir and Madam,
First I want to thanks TripAdvisor for allowed us to write a letter to thank you to our guest.
On behalf of staff at Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant, I would at this moment like to express our sincere gratitude for your lovely reviews on TA which has been shared with all of my staffs with great pride. You are so much to us!
Thank you for choosing Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant.
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Was driving from Banteay Mancheay to Phnom Penh, stopped for dinner at 8, googled a hostel for the night, decided on Camory for the price.

This ended up being a great decision. The dorms are at the top of the small building, up a flight of crazy stairs. Luckily, a small member of the staff was somehow able to toss my 21 kg suitcase on his shoulder and take it up (and later back down)! My stay was very ambiguous as I was maybe going to sleep in Sihanoukville for a night and did not have a check-out date.. One night, I was the only girl in the room. The next night, all beds were booked. So I suppose I was lucky. The staff also helped to arrange a night tuk tuk to the airport for me.

The A/C runs beautifully. At the end of a day in Phnom Penh, you will lay in the simple and comfortable bed and pass out. The shower and toilet are also very clean. Laundry is $1.50 per kilo and can be done same day if dropped off in the morning. The breakfast is also decent; coffee is good and they have an interesting take on eggs benedict (think Wonderbread).

If you are in Phnom Penh, I would definitely recommend this hostel! Very nice staff and owner. Also if you can speak Khmer, let them know :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of staff at Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant, I would at this moment like to express our sincere gratitude for your wonderful reviews on TA which has been shared with all of my staffs with great pride. You are so much to us and again, thank you for choosing Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant.
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I just want to recommend Camory Backpackers Hotel.

We have been there for few days.

We have felt as being at home. All the staff are very nice, they are permanently smilling, which is the best thing for me as a traveller!

The service was perfect, just need to ask and they respond inmediately.

The laundry service very effective, and the rooms very clean.

I strictly recommend Camory, and we have left some good friends there!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to express our heartfelt and sincere gratitude for your fantastic comments our hostel on TripAdvisor-Which have been shared with all of staffs with great pride. My staff and I are in the hope that you will receive more enjoyable during your next stay.
Thank you for choosing Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant and we looking forward to serving you again for your next visit.
LayNeth

Been to Camory Backpackers Hostel? Share your experiences!