“Big breakfast, Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camory Backpackers Hostel

You added Camory Backpackers Hostel to your Saves list
Camory Backpackers Hostel
#167 Sisowath Quay, Sangkat Phsar Kandla 1 Khun Doun Penh, Phnom Penh 85523, Cambodia   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“Big breakfast, Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Maybe a few dollars more per night then other places but definitely worth the price. First the free breakfast was one of the bigger ones I have had at any hostel. The service was also fantastic and really friendly. Willing to book everything us and even prepared breakfast for us before the normal 7am, because we had a early flight to catch. Among the best. The rooms and bathroom are booth very clean and maintained everyday. Each bed has its own outlet, lamp, and stand, even those on the top bunks which was very helpful. The location is right next to the river and has many restaurants bars within walking distance. Excellent experience, and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
CamoryHostel, General Manager at Camory Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,
Many thank you for your lovely reviews Camory Hostel/Restaurant on TripAdvisor-Which have been shared with all of my staffs with great pride. Again, thanks for choosing to stay and to eat at Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant.
We are looking forward to serving you again for your next visit.

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I decideer to stay at this good reviewed hostel for 2 nights. The beds were the best I slept in and comparable to sheraton beds. The hostel is new, sanitaire is also recent and the airco is very good. Stay at the Camory, you will not be disapointed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CamoryHostel, General Manager at Camory Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Sir and Madam,
First I want to thanks TripAdvisor for allowed us to write a letter to thank you to our guest.
On behalf of staff at Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant, I would at this moment like to express our sincere gratitude for your lovely reviews on TA which has been shared with all of my staffs with great pride. You are so much to us!
Thank you for choosing Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant.
Best Regards
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Was driving from Banteay Mancheay to Phnom Penh, stopped for dinner at 8, googled a hostel for the night, decided on Camory for the price.

This ended up being a great decision. The dorms are at the top of the small building, up a flight of crazy stairs. Luckily, a small member of the staff was somehow able to toss my 21 kg suitcase on his shoulder and take it up (and later back down)! My stay was very ambiguous as I was maybe going to sleep in Sihanoukville for a night and did not have a check-out date.. One night, I was the only girl in the room. The next night, all beds were booked. So I suppose I was lucky. The staff also helped to arrange a night tuk tuk to the airport for me.

The A/C runs beautifully. At the end of a day in Phnom Penh, you will lay in the simple and comfortable bed and pass out. The shower and toilet are also very clean. Laundry is $1.50 per kilo and can be done same day if dropped off in the morning. The breakfast is also decent; coffee is good and they have an interesting take on eggs benedict (think Wonderbread).

If you are in Phnom Penh, I would definitely recommend this hostel! Very nice staff and owner. Also if you can speak Khmer, let them know :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of staff at Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant, I would at this moment like to express our sincere gratitude for your wonderful reviews on TA which has been shared with all of my staffs with great pride. You are so much to us and again, thank you for choosing Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant.
Best Regards
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I just want to recommend Camory Backpackers Hotel.

We have been there for few days.

We have felt as being at home. All the staff are very nice, they are permanently smilling, which is the best thing for me as a traveller!

The service was perfect, just need to ask and they respond inmediately.

The laundry service very effective, and the rooms very clean.

I strictly recommend Camory, and we have left some good friends there!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to express our heartfelt and sincere gratitude for your fantastic comments our hostel on TripAdvisor-Which have been shared with all of staffs with great pride. My staff and I are in the hope that you will receive more enjoyable during your next stay.
Thank you for choosing Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant and we looking forward to serving you again for your next visit.
Suzhou, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

When we planned our trip to Cambodia, there were so many B&Bs out there that it was really difficult to make a choice, but we were glad we made the right one.

Located along the road that faces the river, Camory hostel was a really enjoyable place to stay. It was rather quiet and we had the whole room (imagine 8 beds in one room) to ourselves! We didn't get the room facing the river, which was the popular one, but we were really satisfied with our 2 nights there. They also changed the sheets and provided free breakfast with juice in the morning,which i thought was really good, since we didn't know where to eat for breakfast around that area. The reason we chose this room was because it had the toilet inside, which was convenient and it was clean. The only downfall was the toilet bowl. It was clogged most of the time, so we had trouble flushing down.

The restaurant located on the first floor looked very different at night, it was packed with foreigners and it gave lively atmosphere comparing to the mid day. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to taste their dinner, and we heard they served some pretty good food.

Overall, we thought the owners, especially the wife, were attentive to our needs and answered our queries patiently and helped us booked our bus tickets to Siem Reap.So If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing place to stay, you should consider them since the hostel only opened recently, but if you plan to party and get drunk, you might want to consider elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,
We would like to express our heartfelt and sincere gratitude for your fantastic comments our hostel on TripAdvisor-Which have been shared with all of staffs with great pride. My staff and I are in the hope that you will receive more enjoyable during the next stay. We are also sorry that our service has not satisfied you. Yet we are happy to tell you that we already made repair of the bathroom you complained of a broken faucet which did not flow fully. Therefore, you are looking forward to welcoming your visit to our place again any day soon. Thank you for choosing Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant and we looking forward to serving you again for your next visit probably in the near future!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Camory for 2 nights, our only disappointment was that we didn't get the chance to stay for longer. We stayed in a mixed dorm which was nice and spacious. By far the best bunk beds I have ever stayed in a hostel. The beds are comfy and big, if someone is staying on the top bunk it doesn't squeak or move and you aren't disturbed and the ladders are wide so you don't have to be spiderman to get up and down. Our room opened up to a big balcony with a nice set up of tables, chairs and a beautiful view of the river where we chilled with our other room mates. Bathrooms and toilets are one of the cleanest facilities I've seen. The best thing about this hostel is that it's on top of a cute cookie cafe! The staff of the hostel and cafe are warm and friendly, being a cafe, the breakfast was delicious. Will without a doubt stay at Camory again on my next visit to Phnom Penh.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
many thank you for your fantastic comments our hostel on TripAdvisor-Which have been shared with all of staffs with great pride. My staff and I are in the hope that you will receive more enjoyable during the next stay.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We booked for one night and ended up staying 5! We fell in love with place. It is a great new hostel with a terrific Cambodian owner and staff. I stayed in the 5 bed female dorm. It was lovely. AC kept it cool, lockers were spacious and the bed was comfortable. The cleanliness of the whole place was really impressive. Both the dorm and the bathroom facilities were the cleanist I've seen. Everything is so well maintained. Oh, and they did a beautiful job with my laundry. It was done promptly and they ironed everything!

Breakfast is included and totally makes it worth while to spend a few more dollars to stay here. There is an excellent selection, portions are hearty and their delicious coffee is included. The location also makes this place well worth the stay.

The owner was always present and we really enjoyed talking with him and his wife. With his very strong English, he was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. It may be a couple dollars more than some places but for what you get, it is so well worth it. Highly recommend!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CamoryHostel, General Manager at Camory Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of staff at Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant, I would at this moment like to express our sincere gratitude for your wonderful reviews on TA which has been shared with all of my staffs with great pride. You are so much to us! Again, thank you for choosing Camory Backpackers Hostel/Restaurant.
Best Regards,
G. Manager

Been to Camory Backpackers Hostel? Share your experiences!