As a regular visitor to Cambodia I highly recommend this hotel. 1. It offers very good rooms, adequately furnished and spotlessly clean; 2. has excellent bathrooms; 3. great location, central to most places to visit and it is a colorful and safe area with wide variety of really good restaurants;
4. Staff are professional, welcoming, courteous and unfailingly obliging and helpful in every way; and
5. there is a delightful rooftop terrace.
As to unfair criticism concerning tuk tuks - the hotel does not "hire" them - they offer help to bring to hotel and assist with directions but it is you that "hire" them and as adult travellers with the staff's help and detailed maps most people do not have much trouble even with the language differences. We visit a city where you can enjoy their friendly hospitality, a great meal for $5 dollars, a glass of French wine for 2.50 etc and it seems offensive to suggest everyone is trying to "rip you off"
I can highly recommend you will have a delightful, comfortable, easy and happy stay at One Up Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have 14 great rooms, two with private balcony, and two on our beautiful rooftop. All our rooms feature: Mini Bar, Air Conditioning, In-room WiFi, 32" LCD TV, Kitchenette with fridge, Kettle Tea and coffee in room, Walk-in shower with hot water, Daily cleaning service, 24-hour security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your One Up - Banana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.