“Deco is an elegant well managed stylish place, perfect to treat yourself or someone else” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Deco

Ranked #31 of 870 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Deco is a relaxed, stylish restaurant serving lunch, dinner and cocktails. A great place to have a business lunch, dinner with friends or just pop in for a drink. Using local products as much possible, Deco is creating inventive European food with an Asian touch running through the menu. From house cured salmon and kampot crab cakes to slow cooked steaks and home made burgers. We aim to raise the bar of European food in Phnom Penh while still keeping the price affordable. The lounge area at Deco is the perfect place to sip one of our delicious cocktails before or after dinner, or perhaps hang out with friends over a bottle of wine from our extensive list.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I lived in Cambodia for 6 months and Deco was my place of choice when in Phnom Penh. The food is amazing and above many UK restaurants. The owner/head chef creates dishes that you miss from home using the best cambodian produce available.

If you want to treat someone in an awesome atmosphere, there is nowhere else to go in PP. Enjoy!

• Visited October 2012

Mechanicsville, Virginia
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Deco is a very stylish with a pleasant ambiance and the food is excellent. Rob, one of the owners, is humble and and extremely personable. We took a friend who is squeamish about eating and she fell in love with the pork chop entree. The pumpkin salad and duck breast were simply amazing. All of the drinks, raspberry fizz, lemonaide, etc. are all made by hand. While the menu is small it is creative and changes frequently. This is our second time there and cannot wait to go again!

• Visited May 2013
Phnom Penh
“Classy restaurant for special occasions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We came here for a birthday celebration and weren't disappointed. The interior is smart and the staff attentive, and all the dishes we ordered were special.

We started with Kampot crab cakes - the bread crumb coating was crisp but the interior was just lightly cooked allowing the delicate flavour of the crab to shine through. Served on a smear of spicy mayonnaise - would have liked a bit more of that!

For mains our group had red snapper, lamb burger, pork chop and chicken breast. Everything was tender and moist - I think this is the signature style of Deco's main courses - cooking the meat and fish really gently. The snapper had been poached at a relatively low temperature and was real "melt in the mouth" delicious, the burger also cooked at relatively low temperature, and so on. The "triple cooked" chips were pretty good - crisp on the outside and about as floury inside as you could hope to get with local potatoes (which are not generally good for frying or baking).

For deserts there are just two choices - sticky toffee pudding (moist with a very generous ladel of sweet buttery caramel sauce) and cheesecake (nice and firm and not too sweet, served with a good raspberry coulis).

Fruit drinks that my family had were quite nice, including quite a peppery home made ginger beer. I had a glass of Australian Shiraz which, at $5 for a small glass, should really have been a bit more special.

Bill for 3 courses and a drink came to about $25 a head. Recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Top quality food and service in Phnom Penh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was really impressed with Deco from the moment I walked in. The restaurant has been finished beautifully and you can see that a lot of work has been put into every detail. I ate there a few times in the last week and all the meals were spectacular. I loved the duck and went back for that again. The dishes are presented beautifully and the service staff were some of the best I've experienced in Phnom Penh.

I think the price of food is very reasonable ... I'll definitely be back again.

West Yorkshire
“Superb dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I ate here the other night.

Its really tastefully decorated and the staff were first class right from the moment we walked up to the door.

We didn't have a reservation but they accomdated us. I had the quail scotch eggs and the lamb and chorizo burger and my partner had kampot fish cakes and red snapper.

All our courses were amazing, yes it is pricey compared to the rest of Cambodia but its well worth it.