- poorly designed bathroom - no space for even short legs whilst sitting on toilet,
- shower powerful but too much for PP drains so flooded the whole room every time-cannot be solved without re-designing their bathrooms which I doubt they will do!
- safe locked shut and unusable on my arrival - took 2 hours to sort out (a common issue here-I heard several other gusets complaining about this)
- unable to use pool as they had shut the whole top area in preparation for NYE party - no warning this would happen so paid for facilities I could not use.
- No view to rooms on the side of the building.
(Room I stayed in was 509 - I have asked the room to be shut as unusable)
I asked every staff member I spoke to to tell the manager but according to him they didn't so when I spent 15 mins explaining the problems to him the only thing he could offer was late check out - free if you ask for it anyway! Unhappy customer, definitely not recommended!
I work in Cambodia so I understand the culture and what to expect for a price - the excuse from the manager is they are new and just learning - in that case their prices should reflect the service they offer. Two doors down is a hotel called the Diamond Place 2 - It is very basic but has clean rooms, hot water and AC and the price is appropriate. Save your money and find a hotel actually worth the money you pay.
Also the NGO discount they mention on their website is not enforced by staff and you get charged 2% extra (insult to injury!) to pay for your stay on debit or credit card.
Good luck to anyone staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Frangipani Royal Palace Hotel is situated in the heart of Phnom Penh on the edge of the citys art district and couple of minutes walk from the bustling river front area and the historic Royal Palace.With a roof top pool and restaurant, our own spa, and spacious, comfortable rooms, the hotel is the perfect base from which to explore Cambodia’s capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Frangipani Royal Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.