“Decent place used by tour groups” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Juliana Hotel Phnom Penh

You added Juliana Hotel Phnom Penh to your Saves list
Juliana Hotel Phnom Penh
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Juliana 152 Rd., Sangkat Vealvong Khan 7 Makara, Phnom Penh 12000, Cambodia   |
Ranked #100 of 222 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Mountain View, California
“Decent place used by tour groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed as part of Gate1 tour

+ve
Decent sized gym and big pool with rooms looking out to it

Updated fixtures, though furniture and hardwood floors were a bit worn

Small refrigerator in room with 2 complimentary water bottles

Ok breakfast with fruits, bread, cakes, croissants and fried noodles for vegetarians

2 restaurants on site (main one and a Chinese one)

Wifi worked well

On site ok priced massage services

-ve
Tourist places are not in a walking distance and area around hotel is not nice but you can take an inexpensive ($3) and readily available TukTuk for a short ride through the busy city to the nicer places near the riverfront or to the interesting Central market

Rooms not looking out to the pool look to a big bamboo wall a few feet away from the window

Porter came knocking to pick up our luggage 10mins before scheduled time giving the impression they wanted us out

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mount Isa, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good clean rooms. Beautiful exterior and warm welcome. Good clean honest rooms. Great pool with open deck, great to get out of the hussel and bussel of Phnom Phen. It's a bit of an oasis after a day in the heat and the city. Great buffet, highly recommended, good local food and beautiful fresh seafood, they also serve good breakfast service. The best thing about this hotel is the service. Friendly smiles are everywhere, always helpful, young vibrant staff learning hospitality. We were always greeted well when returning to the hotel. Rooms are clean with minor maintenance issues. Highly recommended hotel in Phnom Pehn. If you stay here you are close to everything on tuk tuk. Usually 3-5 USD.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1135, which was comfortable with no issues
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The first time that I visit Phnom Penh, I select many hotel to stay and the last choice is Juliana. The hotel was nice, convenience to access any tourist attraction. Swimming pool it very large, clear and clean. I quite to recommend you don't miss to join the buffet dinner at the hotel it was fantastic foods and the alternative staffs. I recommend this hotel when you visit Phnom Penh.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for one night upon arrival in Cambodia. I was very tired after travelling for 30 hours and it was well past midnight by the time we checked in and had a brief tour orientation. There were only 6 of us arriving at once, but our bags still took well over a half hour to make it to our rooms, on top of the time we spent in our meeting. In hindsight, I should've just taken my own bag, but porter fees were included in the price of our trip.

The room itself was clean, but noisy. I could hear everything going on in the rooms next to me, and all traffic from the hallway. The lock on the door was very shoddy and did not offer much sense of security. There was no deadbolt or chain to reinforce the lock, it was simply closing the door and hoping it was locked.

Wi-fi is free at the hotel, but I was never able to get a consistent signal. I briefly connected to the internet by holding my phone into the back of the closet, but not enough to send any emails that I had arrived safely.

The amenities in the bathroom were housed in ceramic holders. While the appearance was nice, I wondered how clean they were and if it was just the same shampoo/soap/lotion/etc from the previous guest leftover until empty.

As part of a large tour group, we had a 6am wake up call. Housekeeping began knocking on our doors at 6:30am to see if they could clean the rooms.

Breakfast left much to be desired. The selection was very limited and not well stocked. I ordered scrambled eggs from the omelet station, but the chef used her ungloved fingers in the batter and on the finished product when transferring to the plate.

Overall, the room was clean, but there really wasn't much else going for this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

What an epic experience (in the bad way). I landed in Phnom Penh around 22h00, so I was pretty tired. Upon arrival at Juliana, just wanted to email my husband, shower and sleep.

Kick start with no wifi access i.e. no functioning wifi in the room.
The towels were looking grey.
Water wasn't hot enough. No one picked up the phone from the front desk Too deperate, so I showered in cool water.

Evening came, did dinner at the hotel restaurant... a 3cm roach walked on my table! The staff told me that I saw was nothing. Meanwhile, the roach just walked right pass again and one of the staff killed it. The manager also said that it was nothing and said that the roach walked onto my dinning table via the window, which by the way was glass and cannot be opened. Honestly, have some basic decency to admit a mess up!

The final blow was... their massage lady demanded that I give her a tip, which I am fine with. I gave her a tip (10%) and she told me that it was too little + made an racial comment.

So in conclusion, I will never go back to this place.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
West Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

There is construction underway otherwise I would give it a 4 rating. Our room was spacious and clean. The staff were ALL extremely helpful, especially the bellboy. We wanted to go down to the river as we'd heard there were numerous good restaurants there. The young man hooked us up with Sam, a tuk tuk driver. Sam was a delight. We settled on $8 (!!) roundtrip. We felt safe on the ride though traffic was horrendous. Once we arrived and decided on a pick-up time, Sam said we could pay him once he returned us back to the hotel. (Can you imagine??). Back to the hotel....they had a big pool with service from the poolside bar. Breakfast was more than adequate. I always like it when hotels offer omelets to order which this one did.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

Love this hotel. Staff were brilliant and the standard of the hotel was great. It has a really beautiful swimming pool, which is very clean and well maintained. There is renovation going on however this really isn't obvious at all, it's not noticeable from the inside of the hotel at all.

Buffet breakfast and buffet dinner was amazing too :)

Would definitely recommend staying here. Location isn't amazing but we walked most places and also tuk tuks are really cheap!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Juliana Hotel Phnom Penh? Share your experiences!