“Top-Tier Business Class Hotel in the Heart of Phnom Penh” 5 of 5 stars

Cambodiana Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   313 Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh, Cambodia   |
Ranked #68 of 203 hotels in Phnom Penh
Quezon City, Philippines
“Top-Tier Business Class Hotel in the Heart of Phnom Penh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I absolutely loved my stay in Hotel Cambodiana. I stayed in the Mekong Club River View Room and it was spectacular. The room is large with 2 beds (it can fit 4 people comfortably), it has a bathtub, complimentary fruit plate, a good selection of teas and coffee, premiere cable choices and a wonderful view of the Mekong River-- not to mention, their expansive pools.

If you're billeted in the Mekong Club floor, you have an express check-in and check-out, complimentary happy hour, buffet breakfast with a good selection of breads, pastries and typical Cambodian breakfast etc. The service is impeccable-- when I checked in, the concierge lady toured me in my room and made sure I was settled in. When I checked out, they had a limo waiting for me to take me to the airport.

It was a business class experience-- at its finest.

For my full review, feel free to check out:

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My friends and I stayed at Hotel Cambodiana a few days ago. The hotel is huge and impressive from its facade. We arrived late at night and was ushered to our huge rooms. The hotel was clean but the bathrooms are a little dated and the beds (2 double beds) were too soft if you have a back problem.For its price, I guess we cannot complain because it was value for money. We were a little disappointed since my friends and I requested for connecting rooms as we made reservations for 2 rooms at booking.com and the front desk told us that the second floor does not offer connecting rooms. Additionally, they had a little trouble with their WIFI connection but did everything they can to address the problem. Their buffet breakfast made up for our small disappointment since it had a wide selection of international food with a nice view of the water, a welcome scene quite different from the city traffic and smoke fumes. We were sorry not to have visited their gym as it was advertised to be the best in Phnom Penh. We had dinner about almost a kilometer away from the hotel in front of a sea port. Our stay in Phnom Penh was a little short so we cannot give a full blown review. They had a concierge, a small thin guy (I didnt get his name) who offered to buy our bus tickets for us back to Vietnam and he was quite gracious. As an added thought, my friends and I would totally agree that haggling for the best private tour and tuktuk fare is a must. Tuktuk fare would range from US$1-US$5 to the hotel from any part of the city.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Greater Noida, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed from June 24-28 and didn't find value for money though the staff is courteous.
Negatives
1) It is better to do the booking directly with hotel rather than sites like Agoda which gives expensive rates.
2) I stayed on the fifth floor (mekong club) and the first room I checked in had a lizard in the wardrobe (it seems they don't do proper pest control). Then I changed to second room and it didn't have the AC working. Finally the third room they provided was fine.
3) The internet connectivity is pathetic. It is good at the lobby but very bad inside the rooms. I wanted to use the connectivity with cord but that also didn't work. So I sat in the lobby for doing the work.
Positives
1) The breakfast is excellent and it is better to do at the restaurant at ground floor than on the 5th floor.
2) They also serve evening snacks (complimentary) at the 5th floor for mekong club guests.
3) In the evening one can take a stroll outside and there are lot of restaurants including an Indian,which offers good food.
4) In Cambodia USD is readily acceptable at hotels and restaurants so don't get worried to convert USD into Cambodian Real. Just convert 20-30 USD at airport for tuktuk or if a need arises.
5) The hotel is around 30-40 minutes drive from the airport

Room Tip: Take a river facing room on top floors and near to lift.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Cambodiana Hotel, although a bit our of the main centre of PP, is probably the cheapest of the more up-market hotels around the city.
Rooms are comfortable and clean and visitors are relatively insulated from the more down-to-earth sites of the city while staying there. A good place to recharge after "roughing it" up country, although I doubt if I'll stay there again - but who knows.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Chose this hotel on trip advisor members recommendations (as we usually do). Was a bit wary as there were some negative reports as well. However, we were not disappointed. We had a large room with a beautiful bay window looking over the river. Almost as good as having a balcony.The bed was so comfortable. The room itself was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was in need of an upgrade but it was clean. The staff were all helpful, friendly and attentive. The breakfast was more than adequate. It is a little way from the main hub but certainly within walking distance and I appreciated this as we did not experience any traffic noise. Tuk tuks are plentiful and not too expensive. If we were returning to Phnom Penh we would certainly consider The Cambodiana again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Xiamen, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Rooms really need to be updated, and damaged. This hotel has so much more potential. It is an impressive building, but when you enter the hotel there is nothing left of this impressiveness, it looks messy with many shops. You can see they do the best but they miss out on the big things: a fresh flower in the ashtrays, but a an open building site next to the entrance of the breakfast hall.

• Stayed July 2013
Hermanus, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our room in this hotel was a bit of a route march from the lifts but it was comfortable enough, if a little tired. The staff at the hotel were wonderfully attentive, the service was excellent and the food was quite good but the hotel itself is in need of renovation. It has a good location on the banks of the river, and is very near to the city's main attraction, the Royal Palace, as well as various restaurants and bars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cambodiana Hotel? Share your experiences!