“Attacked Me” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Happy Guest House

Happy Guest House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Happy Guest House
You added Happy Guest House to your Saves list
197E1 Street 107, Phnom Penh 12258, Cambodia   |
Ranked #192 of 222 Hotels in Phnom Penh
A TripAdvisor Member
“Attacked Me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2005

Do not, under any circumstances use Happy Travel, their internet café or stay in their attached hostel (Happy Guesthouse and Restaurant) in the Boengkak lake area of Phnom Penh . Without exception while in Cambodia, I found the people to be wonderful and very friendly and I always felt relatively safe. Happy Travel was the one exception. I visited them and inquired about hiring a minibus to take me and a group to the south of the country; I returned several minutes later and told the owner that we did not need to the minibus, but the staff refused to contact him. When he finally emerged, he demanded 45 USD for his troubles and when I refused to pay, he blocked the road with a group of his staff, followed me to my hostel and threatened to "break my eye and face" until I paid him. I eventually did, as he was, by Cambodian standards, a hulking guy.

Most people in Cambodia are wonderful and kind and so are many businesses. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here!

Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2005

for me this guesthouse is so incredible you cannot called it a hapy guesthouse because saying there is not happy it was so terrible staying in this guesthouse and the price was very expensive it is so ridicullus and the people behind and the food my god they dont preparing so nice and clean besides th ood is very bad i dont know why this guesthouse still running, to al backpackers you tried t o there no problem but its your nightmare...

Been to Happy Guest House? Share your experiences!