“Hotel with good Service” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #41 of 233 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Man, West Virginia
“Hotel with good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The welcome is warm,check in very quick and the staff very courteous .The rooms are good and spacious. Very well maintained. The room was large and had a good work space , the bathroom was well laid out and all was very tidy and clean. The rooms had a good cozy feel and you were not disturbed by noice from neigbours or the hall way. Though priced a little high,I feel it is good value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I took advantage of a weekend deal to top off my IHG points for a reward and get a little more comfort (take a break from my regular cheaper hotel). It was good for Cambodia but not up to standards (service) compared to their other locations. It struck me as odd that all the cheap hotels offer free wifi but this place charged a lot. For what they charge for the room, they could come off the wifi fee. I felt they were trifling for that.
Rooms are comfy and clean. No problems with that.
I suggest you eat elsewhere as there are better options for a fraction of the price. The place is away from the river and is maybe 15 to 20 minutes minutes ride in a taxi depending on traffic. If I did not want to take advantage of the points special offer, I would have stayed at the Raffles and had high tea.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Phnom Penh, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Hobogal,

We'd like to thank you for leaving us with a review of your stay. We regret that the value of the room and internet impacted your time as our guest. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we trust that additional steps will be taken to ensure a more positive experience for you and all future guests.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Mostly everything as expected, a little slow and disorganised at reception ...can take a while to process check in and check out, even for IHG status members.
Overall friendly, nice staff. Nice mix of some European staff with local staff, if you run into some more complex requests etc, they're always flitting around to help.
Rooms are possibly starting to feel a little dated - time to for a refresh is imminent.
Breakfast buffet is good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have been to many phnom penh hotels as I come here every month for business. I have stayed here before it wasn't the best service last time, front desk quite rude and slow, this time is even worse. My friend, a single lady stays here so I come to stay with her for one night to bring her stuff from home. The manager told me I have to pay for extra person because they charge by per pax. When I ask to see if there is anything my friend signed that proves that's single occupancy only, they failed to provide and even got offended. The manager basically said 'what I say is rules and that's it'. 'I don't have to show you anything to prove.' Intercon should really train their managers better. We are all corporate customers and I won't recommend anyone stay here. Sofitel is cheaper and rooms are much newer, far better service. Raffles is also a brilliant hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Phnom Penh, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Chenjiel,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced. I have sent you a private message in order to obtain more information about your stay. We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel is very nice, especially in the public spaces. The thing that stood apart for me, though, was the service of the staff. Both nights of my visit the afternoon and evening manager was very active and happy to help me find a place to eat as well as helping me get to the genocide museum, including instructions for our tuk tuk driver.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

As IHG member, I got an early check-in (which was needed after an overnight uncomfortable stay at Bangkok). Very nicely located and top class hotel. Highly recommended.

It has a superb Gym and Pool. Food is of high quality.

An ultimate luxury.

Room Tip: I stayed at the 9th floor. Location of all rooms is nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Peyia, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Booked this hotel for our 4 night stay in Phnom Penh and what a great hotel. The welcome was very friendly and warm and the room was very clean. Excellent. We had dinner in their all day dining restaurant and that was not as good as I would have hoped. The buffet was very empty due to a group who had their meal about 20 minutes earlier and it was not replenished in time. We ordered from the a la carte and the food was excellent. This hotel certainly would be my first choice of stop if I return to Phnom Penh.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Phnom Penh? Share your experiences!