“Surprisingly nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bolyna Palace Hotel

Bolyna Palace Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Bolyna Palace Hotel
You added Bolyna Palace Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   #B8, B9 St. 154 Sangkat Phsar They | Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia   |
Ranked #156 of 296 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Canada
“Surprisingly nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had walked past this hotel several time but nearly always disregarded it after walking in one day when there was a huge party in the reception/restaurant area and no one was there to greet me.

Nevertheless, after yet another unpleasant at the revolting nana/circuit next door, I was greeted by very friendly reception staff. I visited a few rooms and thought I'd give it another try. For 20$ per night, I was given a really large and clean room with tv, fridge, a desk and decent wi-fi (301 I believe, but they have similar rooms on every floor).

Overall, a highly recommended and pleasant surprise. I would gladly return and recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms near the street (such as 301) were very nice and got a lot more sun, but may also be noisier a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a week. Our room on the sixth floor with big window was spacious and bright. Construction works directly opposite the hotel. Still audible with door and window closed. Bottled water are provided daily. Restaurant downstairs serve pretty authentic malaysian food.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Room 406 is huge with Queen Bed no window so great for sleeping and very quiet,also at $20 night or $15 on a weekly rate is excellent value for this city.
Many restaurants bars Clubs nearby and shopping at central market

• Stayed December 2013
Seesen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

For 20$ you can get nice rooms in Phnom Penh. But here you'll get a stinky, dirty room without windows. Maybe the 5$ class. Aircon works fine. Small flat screen TV. Bathroom stinks so much that you almost can't use it. Don't go! There are better options nearby.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

i ended up at this hotel after my travel plans went haywire and needed a place to stay for one night in phnom penh , on the recommendation of my taxi driver , bad move ! the hotel was tired and shabby and they wanted usd40 for a room no breakfast , I looked at a couple of rooms and grudgingly decided to stay the one night as it was already dark and was also a holiday weekednd so a lot of places were booked out , I had already looked at the blue lime where I was coming to stay in a few days time , so I told the reception desk i would not pay usd40 I agreed on usd30.00 which was still too much , but was too tired to argue , he room was sparce but cleanish , the door didnt lock properly and I have a feeling it was in the red light district , after dinner I came back locked the door and just prayed for the morning to come , they also ended up charging me 3 times for the room as I had originally tried to pay on my credit card and they said it wasnt working so I paid cash , on my return I see they have charged me twice on my credit card and I am still trying to sort out , give this one a BIG MISS

Room Tip: no good rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Staying here was bliss, my room was large and had all that I needed. My stay here was better than any other hotel I'd stayed in, in Phnom Penh.

The staff didn't speak very good english but the usual grunts and gestures got us past the language barrier. I can't fault this place on anything and was superior, in my opinion to some of the places I've stayed in Europe and at a better price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
cambodia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel over a year ago and the price was just $10 a night for a beautiful room with pictures on the wall big mirror and lots of space. There was a lovely lady on reception and everything was no problem. My last two stays however have seriously damaged my love affair with this previously great hotel. Now they have new staff on the front desk. The guy will purposefully ignore you and hand over the key with while his head is still turned away. Not a huge concern but there seems to be some contempt in his actions. Yesterday i booked in and the girl charged $20 a night i asked how it went up from $15 just a week before and she laughed uncomfortably then said ok $15. I believe she and the guy are pocketing the extra $5. Its a real shame that a couple of staff can let this great hotel down so much.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Bolyna Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!