Very comfortable and clean place. Highlights:
- the best mattresses ever and lux bedding!
- salt water pool (does not burn your eyes like chlorinated pools do)
- warm, friendly, helpful staff
- whole place smells like a spa, including your room
- nice quite location, $3 tuk-tuk ride from the action
They don't have an elevator and their breakfast is on the fourth floor, in case that is a consideration for you. Breakfast was not stellar, but decent.
Lowlight: we left in a hurry as our pick up arrived 15 minutes early, so in that panic I didn't leave enough of a tip for the staff and I only left what I did for one person, when i should've dropped a bunch more in the staff tip box... Which I didn't even notice was there until later after I was already on my way out of the city. I 've been feeling so bad about that the whole time since :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel in a restored building that housed post Khmer Rouge UN Peacekeeping force. Monument Hotel with its boutique rooms offers guests a secluded and tranquil refuge from the bustling city. Enjoy your stay in any one of our carefully designed rooms. Start your day with our signature complimentary breakfast, relax at our salt water pool and sleep on our custom made pocket spring mattresses just like at home. Its not us, our guests say we have the best beds in Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Monument Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.