“Ideal budget but the main problem was that i left my wallet and one of two staff took $60 out of it, i dont know which one thoug” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Velkommen Backpackers

You added Velkommen Backpackers to your Saves list
Velkommen Backpackers
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   17 st 144 | Riverside, Phnom Penh, Cambodia   |
Carlisle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012 via mobile

We booked a twin room but got a bunk bed in a room 6ft x 8ft, beware they do this to many guests so Check BEFOREHAND! I left for Kampot with my friend for a day or two and realised that i had left my passport wallet with some holiday money under the bed, my zip had broke on my bacpack the previous day so i had to empty my pocket on my bag and rearrange my valubles in a padlock pocket. I didnt have a secure pocket so i hid under my matress.
I realised i had forgotten my wallet some hours later so i went to send an email when VElkommen had sent me one say i'd left my wallet. I returned an email and also called the guy to say i would be back the following lunch time to pick it up, the guy sounded a bit uncomfortable over the phone but agreed non the less.

When i arrived i knew instantly that my euros and chilian paso had dissapeared, i really dont know what argument he was trying to put up by saying ''well they didnt take your usd!

I asked him to take me to the woman who found the wallet and i can honestly say that i dont think she took anything, but as for the other guy, wellhe knows and so do. He didnt apologise at all. He said, he think shedid not take it and only 2 of us have dealt with, to which i replied "well i know she didnt steal it.mr gutless just looked at the ground, carried on sweating like peter andre on master mind and shuffled back to the bar.

Top guy.,....not!

• Stayed January 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)

Been to Velkommen Backpackers? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Velkommen Backpackers

Address: 17 st 144 | Riverside, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Location: Cambodia > Phnom Penh
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 105 Specialty Lodging in Phnom Penh
Hotel Class:2 star — Velkommen Backpackers 2*
A Brand new Genuine Backpackers in the heart of the Riverside. Just across the street in the same great location as the popular Velkommen Guesthouse. A clean, comfortable, and safe environment. with the same friendly and personal service. With Private rooms and a large number of both fan only and AC dorm beds. With mostly brand new modern bathrooms. At unbeatable prices. Brand new Beds and linen. New clean towels provided for free. All dorms have personal lockers for extra security. large stylish bar and kick back area. Great for meeting other like-minded travelers, with regular events and live music. Our friendly and helpful staff can offer travel advice and help arrange day trips and onward travel. Centrally Located just 50m from the main river front area (Save money on tuk tuk rides to the river front). We are within walking distance to many of Phnom Penh's main attractions: e.g. Royal palace/ silver pagoda, Wat Phnom, Central & night Market. In the same street as Khandal market, the area has a truly Asian feel, with local Cambodians going about their daily life. From Sisowath quay (river front) turn down St 144 towards Khandal market. We are located on the right hand side. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Velkommen Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Velkommen Backpackers, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.