“Nice place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
gold coast, australia
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Great food, great service, great atmosphere. What more can I say. Thanx guys.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Napier, New Zealand
“the best Amok I've had in Cambodia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Yes its true, the service could be better, but in my case it was just fine, not excellent...however my meal was delicious. I ordered the green Papaya salad ($3.50) which was really good with bits of soft shell crab in it. My main was the fish Amok ($4.50) which was the best I've had. It was served in a whole baby coconut with a generous amount of fish. it was superb! I ordered the lemon ice tea which was a real surprise as it had other yummy herbs in it and I enjoyed it very much. This place has a lovely ambience and very reasonable prices. I had a very good experience here though I did think the service could have been a bit smarter. I will be returning with friends.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Never again!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I went to the Mango Steen for my last evening in Phnom Penh as it looked like a nice place and was right around the corner from my hotel. The inside of the restaurant is really nice and they have a nice terrace.... However.... The service is appaling. I ordered vegetarian spring rolls and a fruit salat as well as an orange-carrot juice. 30 minutes later I was served the orange-carrot juice which had some sort of weird perfume taste to it and the spring rolls with pork. I told the waiter that there has been a mistake and if he could bring me the ordered vegetarian spring rolls instead. He left without a word just to come back and tell me that I ordered something wrong and I could order the vegetarian spring rolls new implying I would have to pay for them again. He was incredibly unfriendly and didn't apologise for his mistake at all. In the end he did give in and I was served the vegetarian spring rolls. The spring rolls which were served another 30 minutes later obviously just came out of the freezer and still hat lots of Aluminum foil in them which I had to peel off. After finishing the course and waiting ten minutes I asked the waiter if he could please bring me the fruit salad I had already ordered as desert. I waited 30 minutes more and then decided to leave. I explained that waiting in a restaurant for 1 hour and 45 minutes to be served one course in total is just not acceptable. They did try however to make me pay for the fruit salad which they ensured me would have arrived in the next 5 minutes....
I would have understood (still not good) this awful service if the restaurant had been full albeit this wasn't the case.
All in all a very disappointing dinner for my last evening for which I payed $6.50...

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Berkeley, California
“good food in pleasant setting with good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Did a walk by to choose a dinner restaurant and the setting was inviting, quiet street, downstairs iwith tablecloths and fans, we chose to eat upstairs open to sky and half-moon, very pleasant setting. Food was excellent --fish amok, chicken yellow curry, squid, eggplant; plus springrolls. Portions were large, service was reasonably fast and attentive. Tab with 2 beers and mango shake was 36 dollars for 4 people. Recommend this and would go again. Re being outdoors: wife had couple of bites, I'm a mosquito magnet but had no bites.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
san clemente, CA
“Watch out for the catfish soup!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I wish I could rate thise place higher. Restaurant was close to hotel and saw the 2 great reviews. For starters we had the fried vegetarian rolls which were very good and the fried chicken wings which were ok.For entree my wife had Khmer Chicken curry which was also very good. I got the catfish soup (Yes, I should have known by the name I was in trouble). Anyway, it had "tons" of small bones in it. It was impossible to eat. I tried for 5 min., but was continually fishing out bones. It really put a downer on the whole meal for me. Too many good places to make me want to go back

• Visited December 2011