“Innovation in the Phnom Penh scene!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lost Room

The Lost Room
43, Street 21-very close to Wat Svey | Pope and Russian Embassy, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
+855 78 700 001
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 777 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: European, Eclectic
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Our Opening Times are Mon-Sat from 5pm (Sunday Closed) . Bookings are advised to ensure availability and for directions. Our menu features 'small plates' of good quality, fresh, interactive ingredients, which are made for sharing in the true 'communal manner'.We want our customers to "graze", share and expand their taste sensations. The wine selections also offer many by the Glass .Our Location is near to the Sofitel,Almond Hotel and Naga World - a bit off the "beaten track" ergo the Lost Room.We are Non-smoking inside and have out side seating for those in need .Unfortunately Credit Cards are not accepted at this stage and We are often closed during major Cambodian Holidays.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Innovation in the Phnom Penh scene!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

It's really not that hard to find this interesting place! We all have smartphones and other helpful stuff to get us there, don't we? When we got in we were welcomed by the friendle staff. Cocktails are good at reasonable prices, Before we ordered our food we already were reated with fresh, warm, home made bread delicious. All the plates served are innovative, tasty, well presented and easy to share. I disagree with others that the dishes are overpriced, I find the prices reasonable. Quality does never come cheap. All in all a good experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
derekcambodia, Owner at The Lost Room, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thanks 'Bong' for your kind review and for mentioning that we are not that hard to find .
Your mention of innovative food is exactly what we have set out to achieve.
Food that is is tasty , original and honest using quality ingredients and prepared with care.
Once again many thanks and hope to see you again ..

Derek & Wendy , The Lost Room Phnom Penh

Mechanicsville, Virginia
“We are thrilled to have found the Lost Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

It really was not too difficult to find but well worth the attempt. The owners, Wendy and Derek, were very charming and we loved learning about their adventures. They were very accommodating with the menu. The bread and garlic that is initially brought to the table Melted in your mouth. Warning - Don't eat too much of it because you definitely do not want to spoil your appetite because the food is delicious. We started with the crab cakes (fresh from Kep) and they rival any I have ever had. The crispy pork belly and fish were next and they did not disappoint. We had lovely Australian wine paired with the meal. Unfortunately we were too full to have desert. I cannot believe this was our first time to The Lost Room give how many times we have been to PP. We will definitely be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
derekcambodia, Owner at The Lost Room, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Mark,
Thank you for your kind review and we are very glad you enjoyed your food and dining experience with us at The Lost Room . W look forward to seeing you back again soon .
Once again thanks for reviewing us .
Phnom Penh
“It's not so hard to find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just keep walking down street 21! It's about level with street 380 for those that know Phnom Penh. Food was great. I've scored at at 4 stars as I didn't really like the crab cakes as they tasted like too much of the rest of the crab (not just white flesh) was used, but apart from that i'd heartily recommend for anyone who wishes to eat well cooked food in a lovely atmosphere with really kind owners

• 4 of 5 stars Food
derekcambodia, Manager at The Lost Room, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and for additional hints on finding us . I welcome Your comments regarding our food and ,especially the Crab cakes . I have since sourced a better quality supply to ensure the crab cakes are always tasty .
Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again .
The Lost Room, Phnom Penh
“Worth searching out!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A couple of failed attempts and I landed at the lost room. I actually love the fact that it is so hard to find - it give it a kind of exclusivity! Run by An English chef and his aussie partner the menu is simple and DELICIOUS!!! They have a range of sharing tapas plates (about $5 each and 4 would do as a light meal for 2) as well as a range of mains ($7-10). The wine list is great and they also stock a range of boutique beers (Pauliner).

Do yourself and favour and seek it out!

TIP - Closed on mondays

derekcambodia, Owner at The Lost Room, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review , and we are happy you enjoyed your dining experience with us .One point is we are actually closed on Sundays not Mondays and usually closed most major Cambodian Holidays . (Also I am kinda more Australian than English......must be my mixed accent )
Once again thanks for your comments and look forward to seeing you again .
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I really can't believe I haven't eaten here before. A friend invited me out for a celebratory dinner. We went on a Monday night, so it was naturally quiet and we called ahead to make sure they were open. I am not an adventurous eater, unfortunately. As others have said, the menu is eclectic and very interesting. I loved reading it. The services was excellent. The owner came over and spoke with us and recommended putting together a plate of appetizers we might enjoy which was great. My friend had the Emu steak which I did try after a couple of glasses of wine. It was really nicely seasoned. I had the baked or stuffed eggplant....can't remember,but wonderful and I will order it again. We had a couple of bottles of wine. I was impressed by the range of options and range of prices. Very attentive server without being intrusive. There were some kids running around outside having some fun for a bit and got overly loud and the owner went out a gave them friendly encouragement to play a bit further down the street. The location is part of the charm....hard to find is more interesting. And, the ambiance inside was also quite lovely. I've tried to get friends to go with me since! I could definitely see it as a romantic place to visit as well. Looking forward to my next time.

derekcambodia, Owner at The Lost Room, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello ,
Thank you for your great review and appreciate your most welcome comments . We look forward to having you back again to try some of our other offerings soon .
Once again thanks