“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 258 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Nykobing Falster, Denmark
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Perfect location. Close to nightlife and atractions. Nice, clean room. Delightful sitting at balcony when it is raining and watch street life.
The owner, Sary, is very helpful.
Many nice bars very close.

Room Tip: Take the room with balcony. nice sitting there, watch street life. It is covered, so also nice if it...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Friendly staff. Really good food and the best mojito I've had for a while!
Nice large rooms, first one we had with two large beds. Second had a lovely balcony. They were only cleaned when we requested it,p but needed it everyday.
Fantastic location and always a tuktuk ready to take you wherever you want to go.
Unfortunately we put laundry in and it took over 3days! Also got our Vietnamese visa's which took 36hrs Longer than they said-not a problem as we were staying a while but could be if you weren't staying long.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at Sary's guest house for 2 nights.
I was immediately impressed with the stylish bar / restaurant at the entrance.
As I had a difficult journey from Saigon, so I sat at the bar on my arrival and had a beer chatting with the friendly and informative staff who work there.
The twin room I booked ( the smallest one available) was huge and the bathroom bigger than most bedrooms I stay in.
I had a dinner in the restaurant and options from the Khmer menu all sounded fantastic, the Tom Yam soup I ordered was delicious.
As I was dining alone the staff were keen to chat to me and I enjoyed their company but they are also intuitive enough to leave me in peace when my food arrived and then return to our conversation during a drink afterwards.
The hotel is right in the heart of things, close to the river, Royal Palace and all the nightlife and restaurants you could possibly want.
Sary the owner is usually around in the morning and I found him to be very welcoming and friendly.
I will definitely stay here again and will recommend this place to all my friends and family who regularly travel to Phnom Penh.
An absolute find and I was in 2 minds as to share this little gem on trip advisor.

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

When we first arrived there was a huge cockroach residing in the bathroom. We killed it, and didn't see another one for the next four days. When we came back (after going to the coast), there was a dead cockroach in the bathroom. Again, we didn't see any more after that. Maybe it was because we had the room right above the restaurant? Anyway, the hotel grew on us after that first experience and we really liked it.

Definitely take a room with a balcony (deluxe) - the others have no windows. If you're like us, you'll do your own laundry, and it dries in no time in the sun. We also made our own breakfast (yogurt with fruits) that we had on the balcony. The rooms are fairly clean and big, with high ceilings. For some reason they have horrible black tiles in the bathrooms. It's not luxury by any means, but it's a good cheap hotel.

The location is really good, just a block from the river and close to lots of restaurants and bars. Plus you can check out (and make fun of) all the old guys with their teenage prostitutes who parade by.

The guys who work there are super friendly and helpful. The food is also good.

Room Tip: Take a deluxe room. Otherwise you'll have no balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Amazing staff, I had the breakfast there and it was really good. Rooms are also ok, if you don't mind to share it with some geckos, I just found one at the entrance of my room! It was located near to the river with a lot of bars in the nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Overall, this guesthouse was a good value.  We traveled as a couple and booked a deluxe double room because it has a balcony (the standard double room is windowless!!).  They put us on the 4th floor and there are a lot of stairs!  Rooms are big and clean, with international cable channels, fast wifi, and bathroom is nice and new with an awesome rain shower but no shower curtain, so the entire bathroom floor gets wet when you shower.  The location is excellent, we were able to walk to all the major attractions like Central Market, Art Street, National Museum and the Royal Palace.  Great restaurants and street food nearby, and the Sary's restaurant is pretty good, though a little expensive.  They charged me $3 USD for tea... one teabag in a tiny teapot.  But their amok was delicious, try it if you can.

Room Tip: Standard rooms don't have windows.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in sarys guesthouse for two nights..the rooms are massive with two double beds and enough room to swing several cats!
The first night there was a bit of a sewerage problem but we jst blocked up the drain in the shower and the smell was gone by morning.. No window in the rooms bt I suppose that allows for less bugs to get in ;)
The staff were so helpful - they told us about loads of places to go to and organised a visit to a local orphanage that he knew would be good for us to see.. We stayed for the sleeping bus and he allowed us to stay till midnight waiting for the bus even though he is closed at 11 - very nice!
I would recommend anyone to head here for rooms or for food which was lovely every time we ate here.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Sary's Guesthouse? Share your experiences!