“Initial hiccup, but redeemed itself.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Star Wood Inn

You added Star Wood Inn to your Saves list
Star Wood Inn
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   74 St 141 Sangkat vielvong | khan 7 Makara, Phnom Penh, Cambodia   |
Ranked #65 of 296 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Tamworth, Australia
“Initial hiccup, but redeemed itself.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here for three nights. The first night when I showed up with a few friends, we had booked three rooms. We arrived at 10pm and had only been saved two rooms. Luckily it was ok and I could share with my friend. The next night we had three rooms like originally booked.

The staff are lovely and always very helpful. The rooms are clean and fairly spacious. The shower is hot and has excellent water pressure (hard to find on a budget in SE Asia!). I would definatley stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Location not directly accessible to most tourist location but generally surrounded to local amenities like clinics and local market and eateries.

A 20 minute walk away from Olympic Stadium and Citymall where there is a big supermarket and cinema.

Stayed in a basic fan room during Feb and was fine. THe rooms were quite cool although toilet drainage was not fantastic

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I just spent four nights in the Star Wood Inn and was impressed.

1. The staff. All the staff members here, front desk, kitchen, and the tuk tuk drivers, were friendly and helpful.

2. The rooms. The room I had (211 - $16/night) was good and everything worked. Wifi was fast and I never lost the connection, TV has a really good selection of channels in various languages, and the shower was one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel, great water pressure and lots of hot water. Only one drawback to the room, I wanted to type on my computer and tried to move the TV a bit so I could make room on the table for the laptop, but the TV was bolted down. I did ask for a small table and chair to be brought to my room (I saw other rooms had these items) so I could work on my laptop but I don't think my request was fully understood, the table and chair never appeared, so I just let it go.

3. Location. The location of this hotel is pretty good. It's just off Sihanouk Blvd (you wouldn't know it though because the hotel is really quiet - I slept like a log) and it's about a half hour walk (or ten minutes by tuk tuk) to the riverside where all the action is. It's also due north of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and there are a couple of interesting temples within walking distance as well. If you want or need to be in the Phnom Penh equivalent of Khao San Rd in Bangkok (foreigner ghetto) then this hotel might not suit you.

4. Overall, this hotel is good value for money and I would gladly stay here again if I visit Phnom Penh in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Vienna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This guesthouse is 10 min away from the busy riverside so do not expect big parties there. It's a really new hotel, very clean, nice modern design, with flatscreen and aircon. All you need and we payed just 13 USD ( wow ). For the money you save you can make your trips or drive to the noisy center and come back. The only thing as tourist, we had to complain about was the reception. The guys there are not speaking english very well so it's hard to communicate or even order the right food, but they are learning ;-) and nick the Tuktuk driver helps you all the time. ( by the way , he is really a nice guy ) . The hotelfood, if you get it, is really awesome but you can also enjoy the restaurant close to the hotel. Conclusion : perfect rooms for cheap money, so stay there but don't talk to much with the reception else you might loose your temper. ;-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Castellanza, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just 5 minutes by motorbike or tuk tuk2usd it is a perfect stay if your budget is limited...clean and cheap...good expresso in the morning...i am staying for 2 weeks..little spartan but ac rooms are good...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

After I reached Cambodia airport, there was a free pick up service waiting for me there already. I got a nice room with outside view. The staffs are very helpful to carry my heavy luggage up the stairs. Got full details and ticket selling while I wanted to travel to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat. Nearby to the inn, there are many restaurants and massage just a few steps away, and they also got in house restaurant as well up until late time also. I'm looking forwards to Star Wood Inn again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
south korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The rooms are very clean, good price and the staff are very friendly when I asked for direction and one of the staff also took me to the place that I wanted to go too. A little distance from the centre,

I had breakfast at there and the price is good, wifi is really well in the room, the bed is really comfortable and it is quiet place to have a rest but it have no lift.

They also provide me airport pick up and the pick is on time. I am very happy with my stay there

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Star Wood Inn? Share your experiences!