“Very friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Star Wood Inn

You added Star Wood Inn to your Saves list
Star Wood Inn
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   74 St 141 Sangkat vielvong | khan 7 Makara, Phnom Penh, Cambodia   |
Ranked #65 of 296 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Castellanza, Italy
“Very friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just 5 minutes by motorbike or tuk tuk2usd it is a perfect stay if your budget is limited...clean and cheap...good expresso in the morning...i am staying for 2 weeks..little spartan but ac rooms are good...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

After I reached Cambodia airport, there was a free pick up service waiting for me there already. I got a nice room with outside view. The staffs are very helpful to carry my heavy luggage up the stairs. Got full details and ticket selling while I wanted to travel to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat. Nearby to the inn, there are many restaurants and massage just a few steps away, and they also got in house restaurant as well up until late time also. I'm looking forwards to Star Wood Inn again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
south korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The rooms are very clean, good price and the staff are very friendly when I asked for direction and one of the staff also took me to the place that I wanted to go too. A little distance from the centre,

I had breakfast at there and the price is good, wifi is really well in the room, the bed is really comfortable and it is quiet place to have a rest but it have no lift.

They also provide me airport pick up and the pick is on time. I am very happy with my stay there

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Toledo, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Be aware of the tricky behaviour they have. They offer you free lift in the web but then, they make many excuses to let you down at the bus st. as it happened to me!.
Be careful with your belongings. Some one of the staff took my phone from my bag the only time I left it in the room, as I always kept it with me.
The safe box they offer you is too small, even for a little note book, so you can't use it.
I wouldn’t advise you this place, but if you take it, please watch out for your luggage all the time, they are waiting for you to relax and take things from you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed in many hotels throughout Cambodia and Vietnam and this one did not even come close to others of the same price. It is really out of the way, even to get something to eat, situated near a busy road lined only with moto sales places. The staff were really unhelpful, especially when we needed advice on getting a bus for onward travel.
The room smelled of smoke and there was an absolute racket outside through the night from dogs howling and people shouting. In fairness however, the room was very clean and I suppose it was ok considering the price. It just did not live up to the expectation created by other hotels in the country.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vientiane, Laos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I came to Phnom Penh several days before my friend so I spent a lot of time looking at hotels and guest houses that we might really like. Although I found some places that were nicer- for double the price- most of what I saw, even for a much higher price, was not as nice as this hotel. The staff are great, the location is good, and the amenities and services are as good as any hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms 17 and 18 are on the corner and have more light but I was in 13, so I can not comment on the n...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
fafdasfda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

It was a nice one I was staying in Phnom Penh I love it alot for my trip around inside city and also outside of city

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Star Wood Inn? Share your experiences!