“good-size rooms and great value but not luxury” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lone Star Saloon Bar and Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Lone Star Saloon Bar and Guest House
You added Lone Star Saloon Bar and Guest House to your Saves list
#30, st. 23, Phnom Penh 76012, Cambodia   |
Ranked #12 of 273 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
London, England
“good-size rooms and great value but not luxury”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

All these rave reviews could be a bit misleading. The rooms are a good size (especially the more expensive front rooms) but (as the one disappointed reviewer loudly complained) don't have hairdryers, nice soaps and shampoos or even free water. Also the rooms are a bit dated in appearance, the beds are a bit knackered and so are the sheets and towels (although very clean). But look at the price! BTW, the street is very quiet at night (great for sleeping) but I think perfectly safe. Streets 154 and 172 are very nearby with good facilities.The Lone Star bar is excellent for drinks and food. The staff are great.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
saigon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have been visiting Phnom Penh/Cambodia for the last ten years. In the last three, we found this place with help from a friend. I have stayed here in the Guesthouse and its very good.

The bar and restaurant are also excellant with drinks and the food is to die for.

Great staff and food.

One minor comment is...they have a massive golfing video game that nobody seems to play and it attracts like a tv..

ARIZONA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The best guesthouse room I have stayed in my many travels to Phnom Penh. The room was clean, spacious, quiet, with a good writing desk and the air-conditioner worked well, The ladies that worked the restaurant/bar were as friendly as a person can find.anywhere. Miss Cambodia works there with her sisters and relatives. The food was good. The okra was the only food I had there that was just ok. The room cleaner was trustworthy and kitchen staff first rate. There was only one flaw; Dallas Cowboys memorabilia in back of the bar.

Room Tip: I prefer back rooms to front ones because they are usually quieter. You have a choice here.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I really enjoyed eating here. It has a great menu and some fantastic food. The breakfast was a great value at $3.50 and the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich had a real kick :)

The beer is also served in an ice cold mug which is fantastic in the Phnom Penh Heat.

Definitely recommend this place to anyone that wants some home cooking with ice (and I mean ICE) cold beer!

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had heard great things about Lone Star and I was not disappointed. Had the homemade meatloaf with sides of slaw & potatoes, was excellent. I've not had this dish many times before, but it sounded good and the taste was great. Service was very friendly & super fast. I was by myself, didn't speak to anyone else in the bar, but the atmosphere was very friendly and so welcoming that I stayed for a few more beers. There is a lot of seating at the bar, but also 3/4 tables. I will definitely return here when I'm next in Phnom Penh. Thanks!

Webster, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the Lone Star recently, and I cannot speak highly enough of the place. The rooms were massive and very clean, and even had a nice balcony over the street. The staff was very welcoming and went out of their way to help a first timer to Cambodia. One of the girls that works in the morning even went to the market with me to help negotiate buying a few things to bring back. They were able to provide great advice on travelling to Angkor Wat...........and even had my bus ticket delivered to me at the bar!

The bar downstairs was very comfortable and the crowd very friendly. The food was top notch.....and the ribs were as good as any you could find back home. The portions were huge.....the skillet breakfast in the morning could was easily enough for two people.

This place was one of the highlights of my trip and I felt like an old friend by the time I left.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Guam, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've stayed at Lone Star 3 times. All three times have been the exact experience. The rooms are large and clean. The restaurant is great and since I'm from Texas originally, it was nice to have some flavors of home. The family that owns and operates the place are wonderful. If I had a question about anything/any place in the city, they would be very helpful and always offered to take me places in their tuk tuk. We hired their driver for a day and for $20 he took us to the killing fields and all over the city. I'm going back again this summer and there is only one place I will stay, The Lone Star. Thanks Greg and family for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Lone Star Saloon Bar and Guest House? Share your experiences!