Just to share with all the recent holiday and visit to Phnom Penh and hope you readers have an insight view of certain hotels.
It was a holiday visit with group of 5 and each with a room.
As usual my rating would be in bullet point and rate 1 to 10. (Where 10 being excellent and 5 being fair but need to improve, 6-8 are just ok and good)
Anything below 5 need it's your your judgement.
1. Welcoming and check in = 6 (good nothing special just a norm routine and no welcome drinks yeah....)
2. I stayed in Level 4 and has lift. = 8
3. Air con was poor and I had to call the maintenance guy to mingle and turn on the air con.... I practically turn on the AC the whole day and yet it is not cool enough. One of my buddy had the same problem however the rest, their room AC are just ok. I rate mine as = 3.
4. The room size was adequate. 7 points for the size. For the price of it.
5. No wardrobe = I rate as very poor... where do one keep their dirty laundry ??
6. Safe box not available in the room but they have in over the receptionist counter.
I rate = 4 due to inconvenient.
7 . Another key area for any travellers are the bath room / toilet....overall = 4
8. No hot water.... I have to mingle with the pipe valve to balance the water output and yet the hot water pressure was very poor.
Rate this as = 2 ( was frustrated with the hot water issue)
9. The bath tub is wobbling and each time I shower, I can't really move much because the tub was wobbling.... 0 points for safety reasons ... my first of awarding such a low mark...!
10. The toilet however was quite clean and big. Hygiene wise is acceptable. Rate = 6.5 mark.
11. Bed was a queen size ad they obliged to my request of additional pillow.
12. Mattress wasn't the best and for me its hard. Rate = 5
13. TV channels for non Cambodian speaking is bad.
Sports and international news was poor. Rate = 4
(There's 2 or so movie channels available but don't expect those latest movie)
14. Location of hotel = 6 (not near the main river where all the nite life happening) hence you can get a decent sleep with min noise.
15. Surrounding area has few massage centre a restaurant available.
Taking a tuk tuk to key area is within 5 to 8 minutes and cost between 4 to 5 USD. This is a plus point of the hotel location. Rate 6.5.
16. The building maintenance, rooms and toilet are reasonably well kept for the cost of it.
Room rates between USD 35 to USD 40 a nite. This is the advantage factor these hotel has among the rest.
Overall, I found out the hotels are fully booked cause we can't change room but I wonder what usually travellers looking for..... convenient or cheap or proper utilities.
My set back was the hot shower availability....
wobbling tub... no safe box in the room....
No wardrobe and insufficient tv channels ....
However the price offered are quite competitive if one is looking for a budget hotel within the city.
Distance to Nagasari Complex is less than 5 min by local taxi (tuk tuk)
Those on budget or back packers may find the place is acceptable for that price...
If you share ... The cost is much cheaper.
Also the alertness of the reception I would say it's very good...any guess going to your room or from your room, they will call to verify...that's a plus point.
Viewers and readers, do appreciate if you think these info is useful or otherwise for my personal improvement.
Hopes these info helps.
Cambodia is a nice City to visit thought.
Have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Diamond Palace Hotel is small boutique hotel located just a distance walk to Royal Palace, River front, Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HostelBookers and Agoda so you can book your Diamond Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.