“Modern Hotel | Central Location” 4 of 5 stars

Lebiz Hotel & Library
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   79F Street 128 | 7 Makara, Phnom Penh, Cambodia   |
Ranked #38 of 203 hotels in Phnom Penh
Lawrence, Kansas
“Modern Hotel | Central Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Lebiz was really fun! I the rooms were ultramodern, and they had the best technology on our trip to SE Asia: I loved that we could listen to the music on my iPod through the in-room docking station. I also really loved that I could charge my iPad and camera batteries without any type of adapter. The breakfast was good. I also really liked that they had their own tuk-tuk driver. It wasn't free, but he was omnipresent, really nice and his English was great. We used that service a lot. I loved the bathrooms too. Some may find the bathroom's modern, minimalistic design a bit off-putting, but I really liked it -- there wasn't much that delineated the shower from the rest of the bath. I only wish this hotel was closer to the river, where all the action really is.

Room Tip: get a room on a low floor, and you can use the stair to get to your room. The elevator was fine, bu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I found it quite comfortable staying at this hotel. Very modern and clean. Room was spacious. Staff give good service, especially the young man stationed at the front of the hotel helping you with your bags. The breakfast staff I found a bit cold.

The extra features I really like are the rain shower and the iPhone dock in the room.

Breakfast was reasonable. The coffee from the machine is much better than filtered or instant coffee so that's a bonus.

On one day, I asked if there was a computer to use and I was given a laptop that was very old and slow and full of viruses. I would not expect this from a 4* hotel that seem to place a high priority on design and function. However, I managed to do what I needed so was still grateful there was computer access.

Another note is the roller blinds do not cover the whole window so light comes through from the sides. Luckily this didn't affect my sleep, but I normally do like a very dark room and found it initially hard to adjust.

The two main things that I was unhappy with was the wifi was not working well in my room. There were only two spots that I could get wifi and that was right at the door and if I had my iPad positioned in one spot on the table. Even then, the speed of wifi was slow as I could only get 1-2 bars. I did raise it with the staff but there wasn't anything they could do. I suspect the wifi might work better in other areas as I could get 3 bars outside the room, so I suggest if wifi is important for your stay, to request a room that has good wifi connection.

Secondly, the fridge was not cold at all. I had read previous reviews also with this complaint, so I guess I partly expected this was going to be the case. But not having a cold fridge, while wasn't a necessity, was an inconvenience. I would have been just much happier if they didn't advertise there is a fridge as this sets the expectation that there is something to keep ur drinks cold!

Other than the couple of things noted above, I found the stay quite pleasant and would return in hope some of these minor things are corrected. There is definitely potential for this hotel to be great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I wanted to see the S21 Genocide museum and the Killing Fields. So with one day to spare, I very quickly booked up LEBIZ after looking at some of the reviews on here and also the price.
The last review worried me but I was open minded enough to give this place a go.
The location is perfect for any city based traveller wanting to do shopping or otherwise. Its about 30-40 minutes (depending on traffic) from the airport. The decor is ultra funky modern and is amazing to look at. I walked up and down the various floors taking pictures of the walls!! My room was also aptly decorated in a funky modern style. If you dont like ultra modern - you wont like here! I dont mind so really liked the clean lines - the simplicity. The gadgets - tv and mini hifi are a great bonus. As is the really really comfortable bed - peaceful aura of the place and the very cool and practical bathroom area. The food was good too and this includes an evening meal that i had and breakfast for which there is a reasonable variety for the price. Th staff were (as most Cambodian's are) helpful, respectful and attentative to my needs. They were very quickly able to organise a taxi driver to take me from the hotel to S21 to Killing fields and then to the airport at a very good price. Id recommend this hotel to anyone staying for business; solo or even couples who want to get around for a short/medium break...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

With the high surge of uncertainty in Phnom Penh, it is best to play safe with bigger hotel chain with night security and police guarding the area. Was held at gun point outside the hotel lobby. Not something i would like to have for every trip.

Would appreciate higher security for travellers at night, with security or police, because if travellers are held at gun point, securities have no guns. Meaningless.

Think safe, not economical.

Room Tip: Same rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Only 3 blocks to Psar Thmey, 4 to Psar Sorya. On main street but quiet at night. Staff was very accommodating to all my special requests. Breakfast was better than most places and yes, they will take special requests.

Room Tip: Not a critique, but be aware that the A/C is not the best. The room fridge will not chill a soda, mu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

although this is a business hotel the superb location makes it very good for leisure travellers on a short jaunt around the capital.Clean room,good service,helpful staff,decent breakfast made for a comfortable 2 night stay with our 5 year old kid.Good value for money overall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Lebiz Hotel is a modern hotel and we were happy with our stay there. The room and bathroom were clean. We had a street view but could not hear the noise from below. The front reception staff were helpful and the doorman always had a welcoming smile. The tuk-tuk driver stationed outside was courteous and drove carefully amidst the chaotic traffic of the city. Breakfast was good as you could get eggs cooked to order plus order additional items such as croissant with ham and cheese, pancakes, noodle soup and smoothies. You can also help yourself to more food on the breakfast counter. The only negative point of the hotel was that the mini-fridge in the room was not working and it was heating up instead.

The hotel is just a short walk from the Central Market. However, you will need to weave in and out of the pavement to get there as there are cars, motorbikes and tuk-tuks parked all over the place. You also need to be careful when crossing roads and we were warned to watch our bags when walking around town. From the market, it is possible to walk to the riverfront.

Across the road, is a restaurant which has local and Chinese food as well as Vietnamese baguettes which you can take away.

Overall, we had a good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lebiz Hotel & Library? Share your experiences!