“I love this place so much. When I visit Phnom Penh, I always eat here.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warung Bali

Warung Bali
near Royal Palace, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Improve this listing
Ranked #118 of 786 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Indonesian
Description: halal muslim foods in Cambodia
Description: halal muslim foods in Cambodia
“I love this place so much. When I visit Phnom Penh, I always eat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ok, so I've been to Bali and the food is exactly like what you'd get there. The man who owns it is always smiling and the staff is friendly and quick. The food also comes out mega fast. Now, the most important part: the food.
This place is so fing delicious I cannot even handle myself. I shouldn't even be reviewing it because I am selfish and I want to keep this place all to myself but I also want this place to get lots of business and do well.
SO, yes. So good. Not to be missed.

PS - get the squid.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wellington, New Zealand
“Superb Indonesian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Want a change from Khmer cuisine? Give this place a shot. Excellent food, great selection and cheap as chips. There Gado Gado was an excellent vege hit. Place was busy both times we went. 4 dishes and 3 beers came to $11 US. On my revisit list for 2014

• Visited June 2013
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Fantastic food you won't find anywhere else.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

One of the best value restaurants in Phnom Penh. The owner is a nice guy as are the staff.

I have learnt that Ayam Balado means Chilli Chicken in Balinese, as I can't help but order that dish every single time.

It's a popular place which is sometimes hired out for a few hours at prime lunch time on a weekend which can be frustrating if you've travelled some way to get there. It is dark inside and the fishtank is a little depressing to look at, but it does not detract from the fantastic food.

Opposite the place where the ex king was cremated on the riverfront.

• Visited April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Friendly Owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Visited this place only cause I wanted some Indon/Malaysian food. Spoke to the owner who is a really nice chap. Food was ready really quick. Only really ordered one dish but will come back here for the good stuff next time.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Small Indonesian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This restaurant located next to Frangipani Royal Palace Hotel and not far from National Museum. You can walk from Riverside and when you found FCC turn right and you will find UCare, a pharmacy shop. Cross the road and you will find this restaurant. The food is cheap and is a halal food since the owners are Indonesian muslim.

I recommend to try their Tempe Mendoan. Tempe is Indonesian traditional food which made of fermented soy bean. They made the tempe by themselves. Mendoan tempe is fried tempe cover with flour and serve with chili sambal. Ask for their sweet soya sauce and mix it with the chilli sambal.

• Visited February 2013