I don't normally post reviews for hotels, but the Sofitel Phnom Penh was so good that I had to write something to commend their outstanding service. Having stayed at various 5-star hotels (e.g. Peninsula, Shangri-la, Grand Hyatt) in the region, I would rate this as one of my favourite hotels.
1. Service - 10/10. Every single staff I encountered at the hotel was extremely warm and welcoming. The concierge was knowledgeable and even remembered what they suggested to us the day before, to ensure we had a variety of restaurants to visit. All the staff at the Le Coupole were also excellent.
2. Architecture - The whole hotel (especially the lobby) is very grand, a bit like the Peninsula Hong Kong for those who are familiar with it.
3. Food - The breakfast buffet was marvelous. I particularly enjoyed the freshly squeezed juice and cut fruits, which were freshly cut in front of you upon your request. The homemade ice cream was also excellent.
Things to improve on:
1. Gym/spa: A wider range of cardio facilities would be great. It would also be nice to have fitness classes (e.g. spinning, yoga). A hotel that does well in this aspect is the Grand Hyatt Taipei.
The construction work next door is not a pretty sight, but there was very little noise/disturbance. I'm sure having this shopping mall at the hotel doorstep will be good for the hotel in the long run. Apart from that, this hotel is truly magnifique as the hotel claims!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Hotel Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra is set riverside amongst landscaped gardens in the old quarter of the city. This stunning well located 12-storey colonial style hotel is close to key attractions, embassies and the central business district. Along with 201 luxurious rooms and suites with Mekong or Bassac river views, this 5-star hotel offers an array of chic restaurants and bars, an upscale spa, two swimming pools, a sports club and the finest conferencing facilities in Cambodia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, ACCOR, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra Hotel Phnom Penh