“French Dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Topaz

Topaz
#182 Boulevard Norodom | Sangkat Tonle Basak, Khan Chamcar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
+855 23 221 622
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 787 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Topaz is a sophisticated French cut above the rest with six upstairs private rooms, a unique walk-in wine cellar with floor-to-ceiling and exceptional vintages and a humidor stocked with the finest imported cigars. Elegance and creativity are perfect partners alongside unequalled service with an eye to mouthwatering presentation and a menu based on Gallic know-how. Widely considered to be the blue riband first choice of visitors and residents in the capital.
Phuket, Thailand
“French Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We ate here a couple of times and enjoyed some great French Cuisine. This place is always the best place for fine dinning with incredible good food and nice wines. Last time we had US beef and foigras was great. Also trying the exclusive signature desserts. Absolutely not a budget dinner but for pleasure with your family and your dates.

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
“Why Terrible Service ?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I vistited here with my wife and very young daughter to cellebrate anniversary.
Food and atmosphere was gorgeous but their service was quite doughtful.
The below is what happened there.

1. Waitress guided us to table which wasn't ready yet.
She asked us to take a sit but we were standing because the table wasn't set yet.

2. Waitress didn't take care of my baby daughter.
We had to ask for baby seat first.
And also, they didn't do table setting for her and we had to ask and do table set ourselves.
I felt they want us 'help yourself!'

3. Waitress didn't give me bill properly.
I had asked bill after dinner and something happened again.
She didn't see my eyes and gave me bill during walking. But normally, other waiters or waitresses at any other restaurants come to me and wait until I confirm bill.

On the way back home, my wife said she whouldn't go there again because it is very expensive and terrible service. I actually visited here for my wife, but failed to satisfy her.
Topaz must know that people expect proper service when they go to pay more money at the restaurant. And of cousrse, Service is the most important point for the best restaurant.

I hope Topaz understand this not just compaint but advice to improve their performance.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Lunchtime treat, marvellous steak, attentive service. Will return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We ate Friday and ordered the taster menu for $20 which we thought sounded great value for 3 courses and wine. Food was simply delicious. Service was friendly and efficient. The menu was varied and interesting with good choice. If you like elegant, fine French food for a business lunch, then give it a try. I'll definitely be back.

Visited November 2013
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Topaz is a must if you come to Phnom Penh. Topaz is my special treat restaurant. The service is attentive and the food is amazing. If you have an important Business Lunch or want to surprise your partner I highly recommend Topaz. I will surely come back again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“$20 lunch set menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Let me start by saying that the service was impeccable.
The waitresses were spot on. Perfect timing, they cleared away our plates when we wanted, brought the food when we needed it, it was just really impressive. One of the best restaurant experiences i have had in S.E.Asia
We got the set menu, with wine. The food was beautifully presented, a lot of time and effort went into this menu.

If you are looking for a romantic experience. Go here. They will spoil you and I loved that.

• Visited November 2013