“Relaxation and Education” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 223 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Beijing
“Relaxation and Education”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed a total of 5 nights at The Villa Paradiso and had a wonderful experience. I was able to relax and pamper myself as well as educate myself about cambodian history and culture. When booking my trip through e-mail my requests were met right away. The website is beautiful and is an accurate depiction of The Villa Paradiso. Prior to arriving in Cambodia I booked the airport pick up since I was arriving at night. This worked out wonderfully! My plane was delayed and still a driver was there to meet me. The rooms at The Villa Paradiso were very impressive and I enjoyed staying in The Garden View Suite and The Harmony Suite which were both beautiful, new and very clean! I do have to say that the Harmony Suite was my favorite! While staying at The Villa Paradiso I indulged in their wonderful spa treatments which were all fabulous. Each one was better then the last. One women is wonderful at messages I think her name was Ruth. But you should request her! Also, the spa was so relaxing, smelled wonderful, was quite and payed close attention to fine deatails. For example when getting a message you would look down and see a lovely bowl of flowers. Plus all their products were organic! The Villa Paradiso also offers in room educational movies about Cambodia. This was a wonderful and allowed me to learn more about the sights I was seeing during the day. Phillipp and he wife were also very friendly and composed a wonderful list of restaurants to eat at. The french restaurant amazing! Over all I had a wonderful stay at the Villa Paradiso and Cambodia is a fascinating place, filled with sweet lovely people.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

It was so lovely to be back!!! The Villa Paradiso is a charming oasis in the middle of an exciting but sometimes also very intense city that I would recommend to everyone who comes to Phnom Penh and wants to experience the full package of city life but also wants to be able to relax.The pool is beautiful, the rooms are great, food is superb and the people around you very nice!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have always preferred smaller hotels for their friendly personalised service and this hotel is no exception. Villa Paradiso is centrally located with most sites a short tuk tuk ride away. Philipp and his friendly staff are most accommodating and are always at hand to offer their advice and suggestions.
We arrived to a delicious welcoming drink and upgrade to the spacious Harmony Suite - thank you! The spa and pool amenities are excellent and their small bar/restaurant offers a sound range of choices.
After two weeks 'on the road' in South East Asia, the constant change from heat to air conditioning took its toll on me and I came down with a cold. Philipp suggested I take a sauna which didn't seem all that appealing to me at the time! It worked a treat and I had a comfortable flight home. My husband and I can also recommend the spa's great range of massages. They are well priced and heavenly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I LOVED this hotel! It was on a side street so it was quiet. The hotel arranged transportation for pick-up and drop-off at the airport. I stayed two nights at the hotel. One night in the Khmer Influence room and the other in the Japanese Suite. Both rooms were fantastic! The bathrooms were clean and spacious in both rooms, the beds were also very comfortable. I liked all the free movies. The wi-fi was great. The resturant had a nice selection of food. The massages were AWESOME! I got a foot massage one day and a back massage the second day. Great prices! The staff were so friendly and helpful with everything. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Can't wait for my next trip to Cambodia and Villa Paradiso.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at Villa Paradiso for two weeks in September. I was in PP for work and needed somewhere I could escape to and unwind after a difficult day in the office - and the hotel was perfect. The staff couldn't do enough to help and I really loved my room (the Balinese Suite) where I had a huge day bed to lounge on while watching the large selection of in-house movies. I also made extensive use of the spa and had many great meals in the restaurant (I've not found better salads in Cambodia and the fish amok is a real treat) and the fantastic breakfast got me out of bed in the morning. On the subject of beds - when I raised a concern that the bed was too firm for a back injury I have - the managers and staff did not rest until they had sorted a good night's sleep for me - going so far as to buy an additional foam mattress for the bed. I'd also like to recommend the tailor "Osso Rosso" (I think) across the street (pointed out by manager Phillip). While slightly more expensive than some other places, the quality, convenience and English language ability more than made up for it. I bought my own fabric at the market but they did the rest. For the sake of balance, I'd say the cons of the hotel for me was the lack of walk in shower and the need to turn the hot water on 5 - 10 minutes before it was needed - but neither really impacted on my stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed on 2 occasions inbetween travelling. The 1st night was in a Khmer room which was excellent. Spacious clean with good facilities and drinking water provided which is always excellent.
The 2nd time was in a pool pavilion which is more expensive than the Khmer room and slightly disappointing. The room is a good size but the bathroom is very small with basic facilities. This room is located on the other side of the hotel which must be near to a bar/club. This was very noisy at night with music and bass sound until at least 3am which makes it difficult to sleep if you are a light sleeper. I did mention this to the reception but they didn't seem to be concerned. On the positive side the pool is lovely and staff are great. I had a massage at the spa which was excellent one of the best I've had in Asia and good value for money $23 for 60mins. There are cheaper options in the town of course. The breakfast could be improved there is a limited choice of American and continental and not quite in keeping with the Cambodian cuisine.

Overall I would recommend this hotel but perhaps not a pool room if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed November 2012
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Villa Paradiso is a good hotel that is well located and well worth a stay.

Pros:
- Large rooms
- Decor is nice
- Property is well maintained and clean
- Customer service is good and all staff is very courteous and knowledgable
- Property is nice and gives you a good feeling of staying there
- Pool area is very pleasant

Cons:
- Air Con in both rooms I stayed in were not sufficient given the large size of the rooms. It eventually does cool the room but after a long day in the heat, you want the room to be cool in 30mins ...not a couple of hours. The air cons are also not placed directly placed in front of the bed, which means that till the room is actually cooled you are not that comfortable.

- There is a old style bathtub in the rooms. While these are maintained quite clean, but they don't really motivate you to lounge in them. Nice shower cubicles would be a much better addition.

- The wifi in some rooms is not really good and could do with an improvement.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Villa Paradiso? Share your experiences!