“Excellent food and a good cause” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 680 restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Open Monday to Sunday from 11am to 10.30 Pm (kitchen closes 9.30Pm) Romdeng is set in a beautiful colonial building whose wooden carvings, tables, chairs and unique lights were all hand made in Cambodia. The silk goods and cushions adorning Romdeng were made by our students in sewing training at Mith Samlanh and its walls are hung with beautiful paintings produced by young people from the art classes there. All of this plus a pool, free WIFI, a family area and a gift shop mean a visit to Romdeng is a must. We would like to inform you that ROMDENG Restaurant will be closed for Khmer New Year and will reopen on the 6th of May 2014.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Excellent food and a good cause”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

During our stay we enjoyed greatly the food at Romdeng, They work with streetkids and keeping this in mind the service was great. We had the Beef lok lak and my wife the fish amok great choice...
Just enjoy

• Thai first
Motueka, New Zealand
“Over priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Not impressed by the food at this restaurant. It was the closest to our hotel, so went there for dinner, as we checked in late. It has a meaningful purpose, which we admired, and the service was very good - but the food was bland and seemed too westernised in comparison to other places we tried. If you visit, it's because it's a good cause, not the food. The atmosphere is nice, but it's not good value for money. Everything seemed quite expensive.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
England
“Very good lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had lunch as part of a small group, good choice on the menu, prices very reasonable and quality good. Sat outside in the shade and enjoyed the fresh air with a chilled beer. Good meal whilst supporting the local community.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Expectations come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We selected this restaurant based on the high listing on Tripadvisor. And we were not disappointed. We tried to get a booking the day before but were not successful. They recommended us to just come in, as they always have a table for walk-ins. We decided to come in early, at around 6.30pm, in order to get a table. We were lucky.
The restaurant has a nice garden, we even got our private fan. It is a two storey building, so if you like you can also sit inside. On the second floor they have a shop were they sell handmade stuff like wallets, bracelets, etc. made by the children and students they support.
I had the best fish amok, I tasted so far during my stay in Cambodia. As an appetizer I had a tiny wrap filled with pork Cambodian style. A very tasteful dish. Overall I had a very delicious meal. The staff is attentive and kind. I can highly recommend this place, as you also support their project where they teach and support children and students.

• Visited November 2013
The Entrance North
“Go for it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was a bit concerned about what my girlfriend had got me into, TARANTULA as an entrée? Comfortable, NO sweating bricks, YES. Bravado kicked in as we watched the table next to us get three generous servings, fearful giggles and photos later ours was already being delivered. What the? Not the prettiest meal I've ever had presented. Quick stare into the eyes and snap into my mouth, nobility photos later not a problem SOFT SHELL CRAB with pepper sauce. All that build up for a very tasty dish. Mains were red tree ant and beef, banana flower and chicken salad with rice, really can't fault strength and quality of flavours. All said and done I want to go back tomorrow for the same combination, so if you to get the opportunity all I can say is GO For IT.

Visited November 2013