“Not Impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Townview Hotel to your Saves list
Townview Hotel
Townview Hotel
#30, St. 111 corner St.242 | Sangkat Boeung Pralet, Khan 7Makara, Phnom Penh, Cambodia   |
Ranked #177 of 259 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

When arriving in Phnom Pehn the city itself is a bit busy and dirty. It wasn't my favourite side of Cambodia. I guess this hotel looks like a diamond in the rough however the breakfast was horrid, only omelette, rice, noodles, little sausages, dumplings and toast to chose from. The cleaners left our room unlock after cleaning it (this also happened to others I knew who stayed there). When I put my washing in I had someone else's shirt in my laundry. When paying for things they didn't have enough change to give so they said 'we'll pay you back', but never did. The wifi was not working and we had to constantly tell them this. They first said it was just lvl 2 not working and said it would be working by the next day. They didn't offer to give us a password for the other lvls, we had to ask for that. We tried every floor and the first four floors weren't working.
The shower and toilet are in the same room which is normally not an issue however the shower is right by the toilet covered by a thin shower curtain and your toilet is highly prone to getting wet and you don't want to shower for too long as the water started to flood at my feet.
There was only a thin sheet to sleep with and surprisingly at this time we travelled it got cold at night.
To go anywhere you need a tuk tuk and it's about 10mins tuk tuk ride to anything.
Although the staff were polite they weren't very helpful.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wichita, KS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

But not up to my standards, which are pretty low. The woman at the front desk has to be the only local I've met this entire trip who was not friendly. The bathroom was one of those type where only a curtain partitions the shower area from the rest, so the entire restroom gets wet if you shower. And I never did figure out the water heater contraption. On the plus side, there were less insects in the room than my last hotel and the a/c worked great. The wifi was variable. Room as clean. For this price, I have not experienced better in Cambodia.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The staff is not friendly, not helpful. The room quality was just the same as a guest house and 3x the price. It's nothing like the pictures shown! The toilet is smelly. The staff is irresponsible and rude. Requested for a queen size bed and a single bed in a room, they told us it's available. But when we got into the room, it's just two single beds and one extra bunk bed.
We did not request for cleaning service, but 3 staffs went into our room without permission to "clea". They on the air condition and one was sitting on our bed watching tv. One of them is not even a cleaning staff, it's the security guard! All our items was all over the room, but they didn't respect our privacy, they went ahead anyway.
The air condition is not cold, the fridge is spoilt.
This hotel is probably not even worth one star.

• Stayed September 2013
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

From the marble tiled foyer to the beautiful old style furniture and the very helpful staff, this hotel makes a good first impression. A short ride in the lift to your air conditioned room and it doesn't disappoint. The room is clean and comfortable if maybe a little small. The hotel is located away from the hustle and bustle but still within walking distance of some nice breakfast and dinner options. You'll need a tuk-tuk to go into the main part of the city or nearby shopping centre though. There are 2 Town View hotels in Phnom Penh; this is Town View 1 - don't worry, even the tuk-tuk drivers get confused; just tell them "no, the other one" and they'll smile and take you straight there

Room Tip: No rooms better than others from what we saw
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Staff were helpful in this budget basic hotel.
Lift is extremely small and slow, so pick rooms on lower floors to use stairs.
Tuk Tuks find it hard to find, as it's not centrally located. Make sure to take one of the Hotel's business cards with you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I were traveling with some friends and stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel was basic but adequate if you just want a place to sleep after being out the whole day. The air conditioning in our room on the first floor was not very good but we were very pleased we had excellent wifi in our rooms. The staff were generally pleasant. The breakfast menu at the Geeen Seafood Restaurant about 100m from the hotel had ample choices and it was very convenient to have our breakfast there before went to the airport to catch our flight home.

• Stayed May 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Was better this time,,was full when I arrived,,a convention it seems,a lot of Chinese and Khmer were staying..got a room next day..the beds are soft and rooms clean,Internet works fine in some rooms but not all,,stay away from the lift it is loud..front desk girl is still pushing for tours and taxis but she's helpful when there's a problem,her English is good,,there's safety boxes,,don't know what to think about them though,cos the night porter always seems asleep ,,,,,even got my own key 1time..as I said before it is a bit out of the way,the tuks always quote 3 dollars,,take a motodop for a dollar but make sure he knows we're your going cos he will say yes then stop down the road and ask you again,I've been caught a few times like this ,spent 25 minutes on one for a 5 minute journey,I can laugh now,not then when it was raining..no nightlife around here so if younger it probably not for you,suits me as its quiet....overall it's good for the price...

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Townview Hotel? Share your experiences!