1) Low cost.
2) Tasty breakfast.
3) Well known locally (i.e. cab and tuk tuk drivers know where hotel is)
1) Hotel needs renovating. Looks like a Chinese hotel from the early 90's. Lots of drab grey concrete, dated decor.
2) Poor customer service. Examples include:
a. There was no soap in the bathroom when we first arrived. We called the front desk to have it delivered. It never came. Luckily there was a cleaning lady on our floor and we snagged a bar.
b. We needed to leave at 4:30am to catch our flight. The front desk guy said that is very early, difficult to catch a cab, could we leave at 5am instead. We looked at him incredulously and said no, if we left at 5am we'd miss our flight. He looked back at us puzzled. We told him to please try and reserve a car for 4:30. He tried and we got our car reservation for 4:30.
c. The breakfast buffet was crowded - no seats. So we grabbed our plates and sat in the lobby. No hotel staff acknowledged us or offered assistance.
3) Almond touts itself as good for business travelers. Untrue. We needed to print something out. "Business center" had 2 ancient computers. Printer didn't work.
Net net: Stay at another hotel. For $75/night, you can find somewhere better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Ideal Hotel for Your Visit to Phnom Penh! The Almond Hotel is a walk away from landmarks such as Independence Monument and the Royal Palace, Embassy area, shopping area(Aeon Mall),Convention center( Diamond Island). Visit the local tourist attractions including Wat Phnom, the national's museums and the beautiful Riverside along the Tonle Sap, Bassac River and Mekong rivers. Arrange Phnom Penh city tour , guides, St21( Toul Sleng Museum), Killing field, Visa extension, Air tickets, Hotel in Siem Reap, Sihanouk Ville, 24-hours doctor on call. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Almond Hotel Phnom Penh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Phnom Penh