“High quality boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Lime

You added Blue Lime to your Saves list
Blue Lime
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42, street 19z (off street 19), Phnom Penh 1000, Cambodia   |
Ranked #26 of 222 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Singapore
“High quality boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel had a peaceful, calming vibe when we walked in. We booked a room with a pool and it was excellent - clean, quiet, nicely designed and yet with all the important practical details that tend to get missed out for a "hip minimalist look". Bed was a little hard but still large and comfortable. There is also construction on a multi-story building next door but it wasn't too noisy and it didn't bother us. Breakfast was okay - can be improved. Service was very good - reception staff helpful, knowledgeable and professional. Location was quiet but still close to shops and main tourist venues. Everything worked and it was a great start to our trip in Phnom Penh!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I found this hotel to be a little sterile , and had I known about the construction which no one mentioned there is a multi story building going up beside it so construction starts at 7 am till 6 pm which mad it very difficult to sleep in , I would have stayed elsewhere , location is good , staff are a little stand offish and I found the breakfast to be a little predicatable not a great deal of choice , coffee is the worst I have had and I eventually just didnt order it at breakfast or the tea, the construction is the biggest issue as it also means you cant laze around the pool without noise ,A better option may be the rooms with privaqte plunge pool , but they are more expensive .When I arrived my room wanst ready that afternoon and I had to wait and eventually got my room only to find it was on the 4th floor no elevator and the last flight of stairs I looked at and just went oh my god , they were soooo steep , on top of that I couldnt find the bathroom and eventually realised I had to go out on the balcony and the bathroom was out there so no walking to the bathroom in your undies or less unless you want all the workmen to see ! I asked for another room with the bathroom inside and ona lower floor . I did mention that the construction which was literally right next to my bedroom window hadnt allowed me to get any sleep the reception desk did offer me a discount but I had already paid for the room , so they paid for my restaurant bill a whole $8.50!

Room Tip: ask for a lower floor and rooms on the right side of the hotel and a bathroom inside the room !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
thepavilion, Owner at Blue Lime, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest, I am sorry for this unpleasant experience. We are also looking forward to the completion of our neighbor's building as some days are indeed painful. Thank God, not all... Cheers, Alexis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Blue Lime was recommended to us by a friend.
We had been staying in budget accommodation with 3 teenage children til this point in our travels. What a breath of fresh air. It was breezy, colourful, the staff were friendly and I loved the achitecture. The pool was amongst a beautiful setting with lounges and it was nice to look up and see trees. The food was delicious and it's in a great location - near to the river and many cafes and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Perfectly located just behind the royal palace and national museum. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Tuk tuks available night and day just outside - remember to negotiate the price before setting off. The staff were a delight and extremely helpful. There is a safe in the room for small valuable. The bed is hard but comfortable. The only downside is that the water pressure in the bathroom is poor.

Room Tip: During the rainy season best to take a room in the main building or risk getting a good soaking
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Katherine, Northern Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Staying at the Blue Lime was a lovely way to start my Cambodian experience. The staff are friendly, professional and helpful with excellent English. Nothing was too much trouble. My room was amazing, comfy bed & pillows, huge and spotlessly clean bathroom. And the food absolutely delicious. Very highly recommend as a top place to stay while in Phnom Penh. Julie - australia

• Stayed September 2013
Charleston, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights (1st night we arrived late at night) with my boyfriend and we enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel is located down an alley and gated which makes it seem hidden from the hustle of the main streets. Upon arrival we were greeted with cold passion fruit juice and showed our room. We stayed in 2 different rooms, the Garden View and the Private pool room, and each was clean and quiet. The garden view wasn't really a garden but i did appreciate the privacy we had from it and the pool room was just amazing. Our only complaint would be the concrete furniture, which despite a mattress on the bed it still felt like i was on concrete. Also i appreciate the advance notice they provided about the construction next door, as well as the alternatives for using another near by pool. The staff was friendly and very helpful and every morning we were provided a small free breakfast that always got our day started on the right foot. Overall a great stay and would stay here again!

Room Tip: The private pool room is worth the extra money!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Loved this little boutique style hotel. Room was tastefully decorated and our very own outdoor pool. Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. I think their website discourages families, but our 16 year old daughter came with us and the made up a bed on the lounge which was very comfortable for her. Didn't eat there but we found the bar prices relatively competitive with other bars. Overall a very nice stay.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room with a pool and it was excellent at only AUD $75 per night. Bargain.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Blue Lime? Share your experiences!