“Booked one night was comfortable.Was building works on next door.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Lime

You added Blue Lime to your Saves list
Blue Lime
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42, street 19z (off street 19), Phnom Penh 1000, Cambodia   |
Ranked #24 of 223 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Booked one night was comfortable.Was building works on next door.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked in for the one night because I was catching the bus to Sihanoukville the next day. I arrived in the evening and was welcomed by the kind staff. The hotel did look lovely and I was quite comfortable in my room. I loved the big walk in shower and the bed was extremely comfortable and the internet was great.

Sadly I had to be ready for the bus at 11:30 am so I couldn't check out the pool properly. I did notice that it looked clean and did have plenty of sunbathing areas when I had breakfast. I had fresh fruit and eggs for breakfast and there was a variety to choose from.

I did notice that there was building working next door to the hotel and you could hear the noise coming from the men working. Now It didn't affect me so much because I was leaving and only stayed the one night. People looking for a more peaceful and relaxing stay as well as looking at the various sites might find it difficult ot relax with the noise. I returned to Phnom Penh for a week at the end of my 6 week travel period within Cambodia and I personally think I would have struggled to fully relax with the building work going on.

Without the building work this place would be brilliant so its worth just sending an email to the hotel of message someone who has stayed more recently to check to see if the work is finished. I stayed there on the 29th of July so it may have finished already.

Although I would not suggest walking anywhere in phnom penh because its complete chaos with the amount of traffic it is close to the national museum and also royal palace so you can walk to it if you are brave.

Room Tip: I used room number 10. It was very comfortable and the AC unit was directly above the bed which ensu...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Blue Lime was just perfect - beautiful rooms, lovely staff, delicious (included!) breakfast, excellent location. We enjoyed our time there so much - I would definitely stay there again if I'm lucky enough to get to return to Phnom Penh!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

There is nothing negative that one can say about this place. We paid $60 per night for 3 of us. Staff, location, bedding, services, pool, breakfasts... it was all excellent. It's true there is construction next door, but during our stay it was actually pretty quiet. Nothing over-the-top as a disturbance. We loved the cabanas at poolside... made us feel like Roman dignitaries in ancient times! Fun! The night manager... I can't recall his name [sorry] was particularly attentive and even recommended a tuk tuk driver, Mr. Nut, for our next stop in Siem Reap who speaks English. [just be sure to organize prices before using any services in Cambodia, as in any part of S.E. Asia.] They also have a sister hotel, Plantation, that is more upscale and more expensive if you require additional luxury, but we were happy at Blue Lime.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was a great find! Staff couldn't have been more helpful, always cheerful. Lovely setting, really convenient to centre of town, just by the museum. Just one to watch: they claim not to be overly keen on young families, which didn't come across when we were making the reservation. That said, they couldn't have been more accomodating and were not at all phased when we turned up with two young boys (9 & 11). They'll probably hate us for saying that! but we had a wonderful stay - thank you, guys!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the ground floor beyond the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
thepavilion, Owner at Blue Lime, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest, Many thanks for this very kind review. Indeed, the Blue Lime is for guests above 16 years old and we recommend our sister hotel the Kabiki for families with children. Cheers, Alexis
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

In a city in which you can find a room under 10usd this hotel is offering an elegant and relaxing alternative.
We spent 3nights in a 75$ room with private pool.
I definitely enjoyed this hotel.
Location is very good (you can walk to National museum and Royal palace, you can walk or make a 1$ tuk tuk ride to the FCC).
Breakfast is good, staff is friendly.
When the 10 floors building next to the hotel will be ready I fear reviews will change. So go now!

Room Tip: Considering the balance between cost and quality it's worthy to take a room with private pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Nice pool area, rooms are nice but nothing special. There is construction going on outside that was a little disruptive. Hotel location is on a smidgen sketchy road but the overall location is very convenient. There are always tuk-tuks waiting outside to take you somewhere. Staff were very helpful with booking bus tickets to Siem Reap.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Some friends (and lonely planet) recommended Blue Lime, and they were right. The service is amazing, the hotel beautiful and the rooms spacious and comfortable. Just behing the National Museum, its location is perfect. We had a standard twin room, which was large and clean. The pool is a good plus with the heat and humidity of the city in Phnom Penh.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Lime? Share your experiences!