Some of the negative reviewers need to take a look at themselves... if you don't understand that tuk-tuk drivers barter and want to maximise their return on a journey, then you don't understand SE Asia or your privileged economic postion in the world... if you don't like bartering, then fine, pay the price - you can easily afford it - but don't blame the drivers - its their town and their culture, not yours! And "hassle" ... weird how over thousands of occasions my smile and "no, thanks" has worked every time (ok, sometimes reacting to the follow up arguments with another smile, another "no, thanks" and just going about my business...).
So getting real: I stayed in a "private garden" room (no lower priced rooms available - its a popular place)
- lovely spacious room, good spec (tv, ac, fan, dvd, safe, fridge etc)
- powerful, hot shower (the showers in these rooms aren't solar heated)
- really lovely pool/ chill-out area, but all shady so no room to sun-bask if that's your thing
- great location, walking distance from the city centre/ riverside sites, bars and restaurants
- there was some noise all from outside: building work, dogs and a fairly vociferious child during the day and loud music from somewhere nearby in the evening (but not the Alleycat - which is great by the way). It didn't bother me, but I could see it might bother others
- ok breakfast - good fruit plate, disappointing pancakes, apparently a second cup of tea/ juice is included, but no-one was offering so missed out on that
- staff generally smiley and friendly, but not the most competent ever.
All in all, a really nice place, great city centre location. There maybe better places if (i) you're big into peace and quiet or (ii) you like to build a little sun worship inot your day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Lime is a 19-room urban accommodation, with a lush exotic garden and a swimming pool. It is located right in the historical center of Phnom Penh, between the National Museum and the Royal Palace. The rooms, garden and pool are modern minimalist, with concrete furniture, all covered by a free 1Mb/s wi-fi. Four of the rooms have each their own private plunge pools. The bar/restaurant serves food in the garden lounge and one can enjoy its cocktails directly in the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Blue Lime reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lime Phnom Penh
- Blue Lime Hotel Phnom Penh