“Dusty” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rizqun International Hotel

You added Rizqun International Hotel to your Saves list
Rizqun International Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Abdul Razak Complex | Gadong, Bandar Seri Begawan BE3519, Brunei Darussalam   |
Petit Lancy, Switzerland
“Dusty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel was recommended by our counterparts in Brunei. Rooms are big, quite luxurious, but very dirty. There is dust everywhere. My TV remote control fell down and when looking for it I found under my bed a lot of dust and even a dish (from a previous room service, I suppose).
Breakfast is big but with a lot of local food.
The hotel has no gym but a very nice swimming pool that was always dessert.
In the same building there is a big shopping mall and plenty of restaurants around.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Suprisingly, its better appointed than it's sister hotel just down the road. Better staffed too. Something's missing although I can't quite put my finger on it.

I'll start with what's good. Check in was ok. Room was nice and spacious somewhat. Bathroom amenities....lets just say you won't want for anything. They have everything in the amenity pack including talcum and that, I don't see often. I only had breakfast for the 3 days I was there and dreading it at first due to the reviews. BUT....it was good. Nice spread really. Service? Quick to the extent that I thought they were outside my door while I was on the phone to housekeeping and reception.

What I don't like was there were only 2 hangers in the closet and when I called for more, while housekeeping came very quickly, they only came with 5 wire hangers that wouldn't take the weight of my trousers very well.

Wireless access was almost non existent due to very, very poor signal strength. This has been mentioned in many reviews, but I guess they don't feel that its important enough to take action on. Ended up getting a SIM card (which in Brunei is not cheap) to put in my MiFi. Having said that the Cat5 cable worked although I only agreed to stay here based on the fact that they promised a complimentary wifi for 2 devices which were useless in the end. In their defence, they did offer to install an access point in my room which I declined as I was already leaving.

Location was good with 2 malls and many shops nearby.

Will I return? Hmmmm.....I'll try one or two other hotels first. But for what I paid and the room size, service, location....is not too bad. Just the internet access saw me fuming a little.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I spent one night in March 2013 at the Rizqun. It is well located in a building with a shopping mall. The room was large with a state of the art big flat screen TV and very attractive bathroom.
I did not have time to explore the amenities. The internet access was $6/hour and $40 for 24 hours! I chose to pay by the hour and had to call the front desk for a code that was valid for an hour. At midnight i phoned the front desk for a code for the second hour and was told they would phone me back which they never did.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was my second stay in 2 months. Clean, quiet room with a comfortable bed.
Breakfast was decent. Since the hotel does not have a gym, I went over to its sister hotel -the Centrepoint to use the gym. The gym was rather run down and I didn't use it.
Overall, the hotel is very pleasant to stay in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed here for five nights as I was attending a series of exhibitions held both at the hotel and elsewhere. My room was fine - large and clean. Breakfast was satisfactory but the choice was somewhat limited especially in the lounge on the 7th floor. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was there for a leisure and business trip and the hotel was decent and comfortable. Services and room cannot be compared to a top rated five star hotel in other countries but the traveller needs to keep in mind and appreciate the Bruneian way of life. Brunei in general in a slow-paced country. Almost everyone I have met there is unhurried, soft-spoken, with infinite patience. There are no traffic jams there, no parking fees when you park your vehicles, so on and so forth. In view of these I find that the hotel provides decent service and rooms were comfortable and adequate. It also helps that the location is fantastic and located right beside one of their few malls in Brunei. One incident however blighted the experience when the water pipe underground near the hotel burst and the water from the taps were muddy for 2 days. This however affected not only the hotel but nearby residential areas. The hotel staff sent notices to inform that the pipe burst and the concerned government officers are doing their best to resolve the issue. I don't think this was through any fault of the hotel but would just like to share this experience in general.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

The food is basic and often odd if inventive. The rooms feel dated even with flat screen tv's. The ac has thermostats but they are really only on or off. If you turn off the AC for too long, you'll find out why the halls are 18c (60f) -- it gets musty. The suites have a kitchenette and are Very very spacious, but kitchenette in the suite is a sink, fridge and microwave. I sure wish they had a stove. We bought a hot plate. The two bedroom suite at 500 or so a night, is very expensive compared to something better in Singapore.

Location wise, it's right in the thick of it though and that coupled with having a 2bedroom suite is why we're here. There's the mall for food, shopping and movies just out of the second floor enterance!

The other international options are the crystal encrusted Racoco Empire hotel way up on the beach, or the Radisson in downtown -- both away from other shopping and eating options. The good location of the Rizqun brings thick traffic on the weekend though.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rizqun International Hotel? Share your experiences!