“Alan Dorchester” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam

You added Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Tasek, Bandar Seri Begawan BS8674, Brunei Darussalam   |
Special Offer
Splendid Holiday: 20% Off
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Alan Dorchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed at the hotel in March and April as stop overs, rooms were good and large, food was good. Take your wine with you, the staff are only pleased to help. Breakfast was good. The Head Chef was really helpful and friendly. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Overlook the swimming pool. Saw a troop of monkey's go through passed the pool on mornings
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear AlanP,
Thank you for your review and comments about your stay with us in March and April, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular that our staff including our Head Chef made your stay that much more enjoyable, your feedback is very much appreciated.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Hotel Brunei when you next return to Brunei.

pferan@radisson.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed on a flight layover. Beautifully presented hotel a short drive from airport. Rooms extremely comfortable, with excellent bed. Bathroom facilities excellent. Good choice of restaurants with great meal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear HolidayMice,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us in Brunei, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and great location.

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei Team, we all look forward to seeing you again when you next return to Brunei.

Best regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

It was good choice actually and it's the best in town. The room is big enough, it's new and modern rooms. also the prices was good. you are near from most of things in Brunei. you can go by walking. the regalia museum, Omar Ali Mosque , Yayasan mall & kampong ayer. There's also a night market just in front of the hotel where they sell different kinds of stuffs & food. The hotel is clean, staffs are very kind and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AhmadFJ,
Thank you for your review and comments about your recent stay with us in Brunei, your feedback is very important and most appreciated.

I am pleased to read that your experience was a positive one, in particular that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and great location in the CBD on Brunei.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Brunei.

Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately I only stayed here for 1 night on a 24 hour layover in Brunei, but I can't speak highly enough of this hotel. I wasnt expecting much as the price was very reasonable but i was very pleasantly surprised on my arrival. For 87$ I got a stylish and modern room with free wifi and breakfast included (a great buffet). As my flight wasn't until 8pm, they offered me a late checkout the next day so I had the room until 6pm at no extra charge! Service has been excellent and it's only a short 10-15 minute walk into town and the riverfront. The gym and pool are also great, the pool itself is a bit small but has wonderfully comfortable day beds around it for relaxing. My only complaint is that I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Carolinesoup,
Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay with us in Brunei, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and welcome you back in the future when you can hopefully stay a little longer and enjoy what our great hotel and Brunei has to offer.

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

It was a weekend business trip meeting for me. I stayed on the 6th floor, the business class rooms. The rooms are spacious, clean and refurbished well. Nice shower bathroom with 2 kinds of shower heads. Best of all the shower doesn't flood the floor after you took showers. I hate when that happen in hotels. Each room was equipped with iron & ironing board which is a plus for me. The double bed is spacious and well sized. I slept really well coz the pillows are comfy not too soft or flat. The bed linens are superbly clean.

I love the fact that the 6th floor rooms are on the same level as the business centre. So we needed just to walk there to meet our business partners from Brunei. It's just unfortunate our rushed trip had to be on a weekend, thus we were tied to the limited hours the centre was opened but the staff were nice & gave us some leeways.

I was impressed by the fast & excellent room service. We arrived at midnight and my in-flight meal was awful. But the cream of pumpkin soup w garlic toast was AWESOME for some light comfort before bed, Thanks to the room service staff who suggested that to me. The breakfast spread too was good, we love it.

Our return flight was yesterday, sunday at 6.30pm. The front desk was happy to extend our checkout to 4.30pm with no charge. That gave us a couple of hours to venture to Gadong for a little shopping treat and came back for a nice clean shower before leaving to the airport.

The hotel is AWESOME for business trips coz the location is on the quieter side of Brunei compared to Gadong... I will book at Radisson again when I visit in December.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear "fauz",
Thank you for your excellent review about your recent visit to the Radisson Hotel Brunei, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, in particular that you appreciated the new facilities provided in our newly renovated rooms and Business Class Lounge together with our fast and friendly service.

On behalf of the Radisson Brunei Team we all look forward to seeing you back with us again when you next return to Brunei.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here only for 2 nights with my family, the hotel is located just near to everything so we just walked our way to the regalia museum, Omar Ali Mosque , Yayasan mall & kampong ayer. There's also a night market just in front of the hotel where they sell different kinds of stuffs & food.
The hotel is clean, staffs are friendly & helpful, lunch buffet has many choices & prices are reasonable....
There's a small pool which my daughter enjoyed very much as there is noting much to do & see in Brunei.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear jennypascual007,
Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, I am very pleased that your overall experience was an enjoyable one, in particular that our friendly team made your stay that much more enjoyable.

We all look forward to having you back with us again when you next return to Brunei.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

After having just stayed at brilliant hotels in Dubai, coming to the Radisson has been a radical change. If we had of stayed here first on a way to Dubai the Radisson would have seemed a reasonably good hotel choice considering the very limited choice here in Brunei.

The rooms are very standard, very stuffy and smelly, and the bathroom floor not cleaned well, lots of grubby marks everywhere. The corridor to the rooms needed a good vacuum and something to get rid of the awful and unwelcoming smell. Considering the recent refurbishment, the hotel is disappointing and still requires paint work in many areas or at least the walls need a good scrub.

The buffet is very average with most food having very little taste with not much attention being paid to replenishing the food.

This Radisson is not anywhere near up to the equivalent standards of other Radisson Hotels we have stayed in. We also found that the service has not been overly friendly or helpful. For comparison for Australians, I feel the hotel is of a 3 star rating.

The pool area at the Radisson has been our only saviour here as it is comfortable and clean. Otherwise it would have made for a very non memorable stay.

However, after our city tour there is very little choice of accommodation. We have been here 4 days too many. If I had known any better, I would definitely not have chosen to stay in Brunei as a stop over between Australia and Dubai There is very little to do and the city is very unwelcoming. Not many, if any, smiles, hello's or help from the locals. We have all been out touring well dressed with knees and arms covered so as not to offend anyone. The locals appear very conservative.

We have not had a bad experience here, it is just that there is truly nothing of any great interest to do, and outside of the hotel as a tourist, you do not get a very welcoming feeling from anyone. Very odd for an Asian country of which we have travelled in many.

I would have to honestly say that for those that thought the Radisson was excellent really mean excellent compared to a very limited and basic choice in Brunei or they have nothing better that they can compare it too.

If you have low standards you will find the Radisson good, if you have experienced great hotels world wide you will be sadly disappointed, as is our family. I guess it is reasonable value for the room rates offered.

I do not mean to be negative or judgemental but am trying to provide fair and reasonable comments for anyone considering a stop over on the way from Australia, Dubai or Europe.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
PeterFeran, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Veztar,
Thank you for your comprehensive review about your recent stay at the Radisson in Brunei, I always appreciate feedback.

I am disappointed to read that your overall experience at both the hotel and throughout Brunei was well below your expectations and the service that you received throughout your trip was not what both us at the hotel and the local community pride ourselves on, in particular that you did not enjoy our newly renovated rooms and suites.

As your feedback is very valuable, I would greatly appreciate it if you could please email me at pferan@radisson.com so that I can get some specific details from you in order for me to follow up further on the issues that you have highlighted, it would be most helpful.

pferan@radisson.com

Been to Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam? Share your experiences!